Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest chopey

Ashley and his cronies have some sort of mis-information event just before every transfer window to give him an excuse not to spend, just as they leak stories about major investment around season ticket renewal time, its just a circle of misery that repeats itself over and over and it has to end.

100m over 3 years? So 33 per season for 2 transfer windows, plus whatever we get from sales, let's say 60m per season.

Not great, but better than what we usually get. Depends if Rafa gets the final word on how it's spent, I'm guessing not

The sun article tells me he's getting the message. Keep it going.

The Sun article tells me he is trying his usual tactic of leaking bullshit stories to push the blame onto someone else. So this one is saying it’s not our fault we haven’t spent any money we offered that nasty Mr Benítez £100 million but he was so bitter he wouldn’t except it. Problem is 90% of the fan base have now got wise to his shitty tactics.

The sun article tells me he's getting the message. Keep it going.

The Sun article tells me he is trying his usual tactic of leaking bullshit stories to push the blame onto someone else. So this one is saying it’s not our fault we haven’t spent any money we offered that nasty Mr Benítez £100 million but he was so bitter he wouldn’t except it. Problem is 90% of the fan base have now got wise to his shitty tactics.

It could well be accurate, but it's only highlighting point number 1 of about 20 and the other 19 are most definitely all shite

The sun says "Mike Ashley is sweetening the offer with the promise of a major spend over the length of that contract" so yet again another "every last penny" spin of words rafa will only get 100m for the three years he stays on

Could all have been done weeks ago, the fuck are they waiting for? Big 'if' on the 'if it is true', but Rafa could have helped a bit here

Really ?

I think Rafa is 100% right to only sign after the money has been spent. Ashley simply wouldn't follow through with any promises.

Even then, he should only be looking to sign something like a 1 year rolling contract. If I was Rafa, there's no way that i'd commit to 3 years.

Could all have been done weeks ago, the fuck are they waiting for? Big 'if' on the 'if it is true', but Rafa could have helped a bit here

Really ?

I think Rafa is 100% right to only sign after the money has been spent. Ashley simply wouldn't follow through with any promises.

Even then, he should only be looking to sign something like a 1 year rolling contract. If I was Rafa, there's no way that i'd commit to 3 years.

Spot on

The way football is going we'll need to spend £100m a year just to stay in the division.

At some point we become a Championship club and stay one under Ashley. He doesn't have the ambition or finances to complete at this level and really he should be looking to accept the best offer he can get and get out while he can. If a real upfront offer of £300-350m came in i think he'd snap their hands off.

On a side note, one thing i never understood about our relationship with SD is why didn't Ashley make SD pay for advertising? He only owns a certain % of SD, while he owes all of us. Really its better for him personally that SD paid handsomely for the partnership and the money from SD helped the club grow. Same for merch etc...we should have got the best deals, if so the club could have been worth a fortune with that additional backing.

I wonder if as fans we have any legal right to have the clubs finances investigated. Find out where the money is going and who to? See how we've been exploited financially over the years.

£30m a year man :lol:

plus outgoings you'd hope. Merino + Mitro could be another 30 this summer alone

Burnley's net spend was -£9m (spent £35m) on players last season, Everton £56m, Leicester £35m, Palace £31m, Bournemouth £11m, West Ham -£21m (spent £38m), Watford £47m

100m over 3 years? So 33 per season for 2 transfer windows, plus whatever we get from sales, let's say 60m per season.

Not great, but better than what we usually get. Depends if Rafa gets the final word on how it's spent, I'm guessing not

That 100m (over three years) doesn't go very far when taking into account how we apparently calculate the total cost of an incoming transfer. It disappears quickly, even when staying in the 10-15m bargain basement range (25-30k, 4 year contract) in today's market. Total cost of Murphy's transfer nearly adds up to 20m.

£30m a year man :lol:

plus outgoings you'd hope. Merino + Mitro could be another 30 this summer alone

Burnley's net spend was -£9m (spent £35m) on players last season, Everton £56m, Leicester £35m, Palace £31m, Bournemouth £11m, West Ham -£21m (spent £38m), Watford £47m

very glass half full way of looking at it, you'll never improve your actual squad overall doing that like

also would need to be alongside investment in youth products and the academy for them to fool rafa into signing on i reckon

That 100m (over three years) doesn't go very far when taking into account how we apparently calculate the total cost of an incoming transfer. It disappears quickly, even when staying in the 10-15m bargain basement range (25-30k, 4 year contract) in today's market. Total cost of Murphy's transfer nearly adds up to 20m.

it can't be £100m over 3 years inc. wages for them like, not a change rafa agrees to that

it can't be £100m over 3 years inc. wages for them like, not a change rafa agrees to that

Aye surely not :lol:

I agree with you on the the point about youth/training investment, I just think on the face of it "only" £30m per season (including outgoing players fees - and with Rafa having final say on all dealings, I must stress) is doable. He got us 10th last season with £10m net spend.

Over the next 3 years we need to establish ourselves in the Premier league. Three mid-table/top 10 finishes and a decent run in a cup. It's not gonna be head for europe in season 1. £30m a year would do that. After that, yeah we'd definitely need more to push on then we'd be back in this situation all over again, I'm sure

Absolutely no chance, the way teams are spending now. Fulham just spent more than that on one player

yep, no matter how much you try to justify it to yourself this is the bottom line really

:thup:

Shook my head throughout all of that. Expectations have been decimated.

Aye surely not :lol:

I agree with you on the the point about youth/training investment, I just think on the face of it "only" £30m per season (including outgoing players fees - and with Rafa having final say on all dealings, I must stress) is doable. He got us 10th last season with £10m net spend.

Over the next 3 years we need to establish ourselves in the Premier league. Three mid-table/top 10 finishes and a decent run in a cup. It's not gonna be head for europe in season 1. £30m a year would do that. After that, yeah we'd definitely need more to push on then we'd be back in this situation all over again, I'm sure

Absolutely no chance, the way teams are spending now. Fulham just spent more than that on one player

So? They have a load of money from promotion and one 30m player isnt gonna be the difference between them finishing above or below Newcastle. West Ham and Everton are going mental but there are still 11 other teams to finish above outside the "big 6"

The Sun / Ashley have done well again to distract the supporters with theoretical / lies.

Yep. Who gives a fuck what some imaginary figure is?

What's important is that yet again the club are actively interfering and preventing the manager having control over how income is spent. It started with Keegan and absolutely nothing has changed in a decade of virtually constant failure and crisis, even when they've lucked out and have somehow managed to end up with Benitez in charge. And this isn't just about transfers, it’s also about the continual development of the club as a sporting institution.

With this crap about him only getting funds if he signs a new contract they're openly admitting to intentionally holding back the club. Again.

The Sun / Ashley have done well again to distract the supporters with theoretical / lies.

Yep. Who gives a fuck what some imaginary figure is?

What's important is that yet again the club are actively interfering and preventing the manager having control over how income is spent. It started with Keegan and absolutely nothing has changed in a decade of virtually constant failure and crisis, even when they've lucked out and have somehow managed to end up with Benitez in charge. And this isn't just about transfers, it’s also about the continual development of the club as a sporting institution.

With this crap about him only getting funds if he signs a new contract they're openly admitting to intentionally holding back the club. Again.

:sadnod: What makes them think Bishop (it is him who has final say, right? that's what I read yesterday I think) knows better than Rafa Benitez ffs

And while we’re arguing over whether it’s £30m a year or £100m a year, it doesn’t really matter since there’s about two weeks of the transfer window left and we’re not going to buy any fucker. So the point is moot.

Yeah it's classic diversionary tactics here, similar to the Man City comments to divert attention from us actually spending the square root of fuck all. We finished 10th last year and that fat mug thinks we can get away with spending nothing or almost nothing this summer, simple as that. No desire to improve the club in a sporting sense whatsoever, there never has been.