Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest covmag

He will hold on to his cashcow even harder now

This, until we have the balls to stop going he is a lifer

We need to stop fretting about what he's doing at SD as if it has a direct impact on NUFC's operations. SD haven't paid a dividend in years as they've spent every spare penny buying up failed businesses- that money has come from SD's operations and borrowings. They have already written down the holding in Debenhams and in any case this has no cash impact as the shares were bought and paid for some time ago. Maybe Ashley wants money for some other personal project or another yacht- but it's not been put towards the SD business.

And until NUFC as a business can produce regular and predictable positive cashflow, it will never be a 'cash cow'. Assuming he took a distribution from the business last summer, he's managed that twice in the decade he's owned the club (aside from when he made an additional loan after the second relegation). That is a shit cow.

Guest chopey

I'm sure your right but I still can't believe that in Rafa's time here our only transfer income cash is generated from player sales, the Sky, commercial and season ticket money can't be getting used just to run club

So far, it more or less has with the exception of Ashley taking cash out of the Carroll sale. Clearly same thing happened last summer but we just have to wait to see how much it actually was- that was our first year with the new PL TV deal cash which is a game changer.

It's so difficult to pick out the truth when it takes so long to get accounts- especially given Ashley's persistent abuse of the rules to delay their release.

Guest Howaythetoon

Been told to expect sale rumours to start up again after the season ends with a stake in the club up for grabs thrown into the mix as well incase it doesnt sell straight away or at all. An option the club will turn to in order to fund Rafa’s ambitious plans to replace tap water with water dispensers and to make Rondon’s loan a permanent deal among other things. Other options are renaming the stadium and a Wonga loan. That’s how far the club are prepared to go to secure Rafa and give him extra funds.

Been told to expect sale rumours to start up again after the season ends with a stake in the club up for grabs thrown into the mix as well incase it doesnt sell straight away or at all. An option the club will turn to in order to fund Rafa’s ambitious plans to replace tap water with water dispensers and to make Rondon’s loan a permanent deal among other things. Other options are renaming the stadium and a Wonga loan. That’s how far the club are prepared to go to secure Rafa and give him extra funds.

:spit:

Howay man HTT.

Guest neesy111

HTT is a sound bloke, but I wouldn't believe anyone when it comes to the sale of NUFC after 12 years of lies by Mike Ashley and co.

To be fair I crack on with HTT from time time away from here. The jokes in there aside I think theirs reason to believe his info.

But we've learned from Staveley and Kenyon, even when there is clearly things going on in the background, it never reaches it's conclusion.

It's therefore pointless believing that a new bid will do anything other than end up down another dead end.

Guest firetotheworks

HTT is a sound bloke, but I wouldn't believe anyone when it comes to the sale of NUFC after 12 years of lies by Mike Ashley and co.

That’s fair, but HTT can only pass on what he’s heard.

Aye, but he also told me that dogs can't look up.

Guest Howaythetoon

:yao:

Don't believe a single word of it.  Sorry HTT.

None of it is exactly true of course in that there will be no real truth in the matter, but don’t be surprised if sometime during pre-season you read stories in the media about MA willing to sell a stake in the club in order to do what it takes to give Rafa some extra coin, there will be no sale of shares of course just as there will be no sale of the club.

Rafa has been assured of x funds which are basically a tad more than what he’s been given already and his training ground/facilities/academy plans have also been assured, but only because it’s an annual investment and won’t cost serious money. He wants a bigger budget every season though and if he sticks around, there will be more funds to give him that, but only if MA can sell a stake in it, and even more if they can get some money from stadium renamining rights, and if not, there will be plenty when it’s sold eventually. Stick around Rafa. We are working on it. Wait!

12 months later? Mug :lol:

Those water dispensers btw, they are on lease...

That’s fair, but HTT can only pass on what he’s heard.

The clue is in the bit about a Wonga loan.

Guest Howaythetoon

Anyone who knows me knows I do talk a load of shite :lol:, but I don’t spread bull shit or lies. Just passing on info that I believe anyway holds some truth in terms of what we can expect to hear soon.

All I do know is the club won’t be sold anytime soon and I do believe Rafa will not be signing a new contract.

Also heard Charnley is looking to leave, he has several offers and as much as I slag the bloke, I think he feels he’s being used and is sick of being in the middle having to try and make Ashley look at Rafa’s POV and vice versa. He did a lot of groundwork to convince Ashley to attend games, meet the manager and players and has also pushed for Rafa’s plans for the academy, training ground, facilities etc. to go ahead. The man has to report to Barnes FFS who doesn’t even have an official role at the club. I genuinely think he’s tried to make both sides work.

Anyone who knows me knows I do talk a load of shite :lol:, but I don’t spread bull shit or lies. Just passing on info that I believe anyway holds some truth in terms of what we can expect to hear soon.

All I do know is the club won’t be sold anytime soon and I do believe Rafa will not be signing a new contract.

Also heard Charnley is looking to leave, he has several offers and as much as I slag the bloke, I think he feels he’s being used and is sick of being in the middle having to try and make Ashley look at Rafa’s POV and vice versa. He did a lot of groundwork to convince Ashley to attend games, meet the manager and players and has also pushed for Rafa’s plans for the academy, training ground, facilities etc. to go ahead. The man has to report to Barnes FFS who doesn’t even have an official role at the club. I genuinely think he’s tried to make both sides work.

Charnley has a job waiting for him at the airport, the guy in charge there used to be his boss at NUFC.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Charnley has a job waiting for him at the airport, the guy in charge there used to be his boss at NUFC.

Baggage handler? Passport control?

Baggage handler? Passport control?

height=200https://i.imgur.com/uhQ0fph.jpg[/img]