Burnley 1-0 Newcastle United - 30/10/17 - post match whinging from p27

BlueStar

Well everyone expected a grim match and that's what it was. We're simply not good enough going forward. I was prepared to accept the gameplan if it got us something but they capitalised on our sloppiness in a short period when they kept catching us on the ball in good areas and the momentum got them a goal. Diame should have been off the pitch by that point IMO, he looked slow all night and we needed some legs in there. I thought Rafa got that wrong. That aside, too many players were poor again - Ritchie did nothing, Shelvey didn't influence enough and the less said about Perez and Joselu the better. The defence was pretty solid but the crossing was dreadful and Elliot once again was shite without being responsible for the goal. He's just so laughably clumsy.

Having said all that, I still think some people need to remember where we are, where we were and who we've got to choose from. Staying up is still the only thing that matters this season and a point tonight would have been a decent result. We're always fucking crap away on a Monday night.

A takeover can't come soon enough.

Shit game won by one mistake. Like Brighton and Huddersfield away, we stopped them playing, but did little to get something ourselves and it was another chance missed to get something in an easy away game.

The Monday curse continues, but that was mostly our own fault.

Manquillo is so poor on the left. Every time he receives the ball he turns back to our goal.

Also, got it wrong with Diame today. Should have been Hayden. He offers more in the final third plus Shelvey and Diame look like they never know where the other one is!

It's almost like we should have bought a left back in the summer

I think Rafa could've set us up less defensively today but with the limitations of the forwards I can understand the decision. I think he's got too much faith in us not having massive brainfarts which wreck the whole defensive set up. We were always liable to being pressed into a mistake tonight, and should've put the foot on the gas sooner than we did.

Our offensive options are dire, though, Jesus Christ. It's like starting with Sibierski every week.

Massive overreactions here. Our team is nothing special in any department - its not just Perez and Joselu. We're going to be trying to nick one goal wins all season unless we get the money in Jan. People who think we should be going at teams away from home are not being realistic.

Well everyone expected a grim match and that's what it was. We're simply not good enough going forward. I was prepared to accept the gameplan if it got us something but they capitalised on our sloppiness in a short period when they kept catching us on the ball in good areas and the momentum got them a goal. Diame should have been off the pitch by that point IMO, he looked slow all night and we needed some legs in there. I thought Rafa got that wrong. That aside, too many players were poor again - Ritchie did nothing, Shelvey didn't influence enough and the less said about Perez and Joselu the better. The defence was pretty solid but the crossing was dreadful and Elliot once again was shite without being responsible for the goal. He's just so laughably clumsy.

Having said all that, I still think some people need to remember where we are, where we were and who we've got to choose from. Staying up is still the only thing that matters this season and a point tonight would have been a decent result. We're always fucking crap away on a Monday night.

A takeover can't come soon enough.

Agree with all of this. As Carragher said, a Championship squad with a Champions League Manager.

This is exactly why we need a board with a modicum of ambition. We were actually ok in the first two thirds of the pitch, it's the final third where even Rafa is struggling to polish a turd.

Can't understand him starting Diame.

Manquillo is so poor on the left. Every time he receives the ball he turns back to our goal.

Also, got it wrong with Diame today. Should have been Hayden. He offers more in the final third plus Shelvey and Diame look like they never know where the other one is!

Or we could play Mbemba who played rather well there when he did, and got forward well too.

Would we have been ‘embarrassing’ or ‘too negative’ if we held on in exactly the same fashion for a 0-0?

Like Brighton and Huddersfield, we were well set for a good away point until individual mistakes let us down - something that Rafa cannot prevent.

We will play shit every now and again, it happens. 3 points on Saturday and suddenly the garden is rosey again.

Guest alijmitchell

People just love a f***ing overreaction on here. Get a f***ing grip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im sorry sir. We should be happy that we can even watch such preformances.

What an incredibly thick response. We've been beaten 1-0 by a mid table side who are very hard to break down. We've just come up, we have little in the way of quality. Newsflash, we will lose games this season

Or we could play Mbemba who played rather well there when he did, and got forward well too.

True, dunno what's up with him and still not ideal really.

Missed from 65 mins on. Ffs what a predictable result. How bad was Joselus miss?

It wasn’t that bad. I thought it was a pretty good effort, just pulled it a bit too wide.

There are some shocking knee jerk reactions in here.

Completely agree. Disappointing performance but Rafa is getting the most out of what is a very average squad. We'll win tight games just as we'll lose them eight the way we're  set up. We're functional because we're limited as a team.

Joselu and Perez are complete w*** though :lol:

Agree perfect summary

True, dunno what's up with him and still not ideal really.

Aye it's not ideal but he was far better than Manquillo has been in the position. Deffo need a new LB January.

Guest firetotheworks

Anything negative = overreaction  ? lol okay. People need to stop equating valid criticism with "whinging/overreacting"

Everyone's gone KaKa with their descriptions tbf.

Guest alijmitchell

Championship players will only get you so far.

This.

Some of the reaction on here though man, embarrassing.

Absolutely agree with both