Burnley 1-0 Newcastle United - 30/10/17 - post match whinging from p27

BlueStar

Currently 9th in the league with that squad, every single person on here would’ve taken that in August.

So let’s not moan when we play s*** then yeah? What’s the point in the forum if we can’t talk about what we see?

Perspective

Worst player on the pitch.

Manquillo is so poor on the left. Every time he receives the ball he turns back to our goal.

Also, got it wrong with Diame today. Should have been Hayden. He offers more in the final third plus Shelvey and Diame look like they never know where the other one is!

It's almost like we should have bought a left back in the summer

It’s our weakest position granted but Manquillo still isn’t our best option. He looks so awkward on the left, Clark looks way more comfortable there imo.

Mbembas looked our best LB so far imo

Completely agree. I was just going off the options from today’s squad.

Guest firetotheworks

There's no overreacting, like.

Yes Burnley are hard to break down but they're not fucking Man City. We were absolutely toothless. Forgot Ritchie was playing until he got taken off.

No overreacting.

Immediate overreaction about Ritchie's performance.

[emoji38]

Havent followed this thread at all, but any questions over Elliot on the goal?

ZnkzPhY.png

the f*** is he doing diving for that cross? :lol:  Shuffle back onto the line and try and get a save on the shot

He had just got up from making a decent save to be fair to him.

no excuse imo.  If he an't keep his head cause he made a save he shouldnt be a Prem GK

He was fingertips from deflecting it away man be serious. Elliot did nowt but make a couple good standard saves today. You should be asking wtf they have two free men at the back post if anything. Hendrick shouldn't have half an hour to bring a ball down onto his knee and side foot it calmly in.

I'm guessing Ritchie was caught up field by Perez losing the ball because there's not much the rest could do there.

ZnkzPhY.png

the f*** is he doing diving for that cross? :lol:  Shuffle back onto the line and try and get a save on the shot

no excuse imo.  If he an't keep his head cause he made a save he shouldnt be a Prem GK

He was fingertips from deflecting it away man be serious. Elliot did nowt but make a couple good standard saves today. You should be asking wtf they have two free men at the back post if anything. Hendrick shouldn't have half an hour to bring a ball down onto his knee and side foot it calmly in.

"these players could have done more better so lets ignore someone else who could have done better"

ZnkzPhY.png

"these players could have done more better so lets ignore someone else who could have done better"

Then why have you singled out one player? Who is the least at fault out of about 6?

It was Ayozes fault for the goal. Lost cheap possession by being feeble in the challenge.

Other than that, both teams were basically the same.

Can’t really complain.. we didn’t play badly. It was just a game where it was really obvious how shit some of our players are, especially up front.

Rafa got his team selection wrong, not for the first time this season either.

I know we were awful but i'm not sure i've ever seen us play so many backwards passes. I know they pressed but they didn't press that much like. I thought Manquillo was on a bonus for how many passes he could make to Lejuene.

Yes Burnley are hard to break down but they're not f***ing Man City. We were absolutely toothless. Forgot Ritchie was playing until he got taken off.

No overreacting.

[emoji38]

Nah.

There's a lot of expectation on him to be one of our most creative outlets and he was nowhere near tonight.

ZnkzPhY.png

Then why have you singled out one player? Who is the least at fault out of about 6?

Didnt mean to single him out the way it seems to have come across tbf :lol: I know there are like 4 others who fucked up, but Elliot diving into no mans lands for that was the first 'non obvious' (ie Lejeune missing etc) thing I spotted.  Clearly people are in disagreement and think it was fine, though

Guest firetotheworks

Anything negative = overreaction  ? lol okay. People need to stop equating valid criticism with "whinging/overreacting"

Everyone's gone KaKa with their descriptions tbf.

[emoji38] I must have missed it tbh but I mean 9th with this shit heap team is a miracle in my books. That being said it was way too negative tactically tonight imo.

It's a difficult one tactically, I think. I thought we tried, but Christ that front two make it feel really impressive when we have chances.

It's arguably too negative, but more often than not I think Rafa will get it right in terms of getting as close to pulling off results as we can, even if it's not always pretty.

We're far, far more solid than we should be, like. It feels unnatural having this sort of Newcastle team.

I think all of our poxy away defeats this season are simply down to us not having that many good players. Three of our four victories have come from set piece winners; and as for the rest of the games we've we've got points, we've been dogged and organised.

Make a big mistake - whether it's Elliot not getting down fast enough or Merino not getting a tackle in or Perez being bullied off the ball: we get punished. Get a few set pieces: maybes we get something out of the game.

Those are the margins and that's why all of our games, aside from West Ham who were fucking terrible, have been either drawn or won/lost by one goal.

Fundamentally, we don't have the personnel to take games by the scruff of the neck and win comfortably. Nor do we have the personnel to keep that defensive rigidity game upon game upon game.

We're a Championship outfit with a terrific manager and an excellent team spirit. That is a recipe for bottoming-out at mid-table, which is where we are.

Guest firetotheworks

Yes Burnley are hard to break down but they're not f***ing Man City. We were absolutely toothless. Forgot Ritchie was playing until he got taken off.

No overreacting.

[emoji38]

Nah.

There's a lot of expectation on him to be one of our most creative outlets and he was nowhere near tonight.

Okay then, you forgot Ritchie was playing. [emoji38]