Would PCP actually be a good owner for NUFC?

Dave

At the very least, Amanda has better knowledge to the industry and so she should run the club in a more sensible way, rather than just trying to run like other business.

No downside for me, because of the fat c***.

How come ? She's been involved in the sale of one club and never ran one, Ashley has owned one for years  :whistle:

She has to have some in depth knowledge re football industry to act as a middleman in the Man City takeover. And the fact that Rafa is her mate adds further credibility.

Ashley problem is he didn't have the knowledge beforehand, and he refused to adapt to this industry.  He was trying to do his own way by running the club like his SD and failed. And, what's even worse, is the people he wrongly trusted are pure shits.

On the other hand, as long as Amanda listens to Rafa, we simply can't fail.

Really no downside from my perspective even if Amanda is purely buying for future profits.

This is really the one thing that makes me confident that PCP would be better than Ashley. Admittedly, there couldn't be a lower hurdle to clear. But Staveley already being acquainted with Rafa and his public comment about having a second set of January transfer targets would suggest that she's willing to trust his judgment when it comes to the squad and that her group is prepared to spend accordingly.

If Ashley sells for £300 million doss that not mean he's made a huge profit on his original investment not to mention the free Sports Direct exposure and money he's took out every year to pay off his loan.

If the takeover happens then I don't know what darkness we are walking into but at least Rafa is there to guide us if Ashley stays we are back in the blackness with Tony Pullis hiding in the corner

Remember the glee at the thought of a Billionaire taking over the club then what happened? money wasn't spent,hence thats why Billionaires are where they are and the rest of us are where we are. PCP could do exactly the same strip out an assets and spend minimil cash.

Remember the glee at the thought of a Billionaire taking over the club then what happened? money wasn't spent,hence thats why Billionaires are where they are and the rest of us are where we are. PCP could do exactly the same strip out an assets and spend minimil cash.

We got a rubbish billionaire though, PCP are in a different league.

PCP are only the facilitators no? Just because they have access to a massive fund or whatever doesn't mean we're getting it all [emoji38]

I'm completely in favour of change. Any change.

What is positive about this bid is that AS seemed to make a beeline for Rafa after that game which means there is probably already a relationship there and, given he's is relatively low down in the structure, her making a point of meeting him is very telling.

I'd say he knows a huge amount about this deal and had possibly been instrumental in elements of it.

That all bodes really well.

I can't get on board with the whole 'wouldn't want to be another Man City or Chelsea' thing. We've had donkeys years of dross, we deserve some quality imho.

Finally, whoever buys us, it won't be Mike Ashley. To me, that means two things, firstly that there may be an intention to actually compete as a sporting institution and secondly, even if we hate them/her it is unlikely many major investors would be able to cope with us if we turn on them in the way Ashley seems to have just ploughed on through even if he's taken it very personally at times.

It's a yes from me but then it would be a yes to pretty much anyone at this point.

I'm completely in favour of change. Any change.

What is positive about this bid is that AS seemed to make a beeline for Rafa after that game which means there is probably already a relationship there and, given he's is relatively low down in the structure, her making a point of meeting him is very telling.

I'd say he knows a huge amount about this deal and had possibly been instrumental in elements of it.

That all bodes really well.

I can't get on board with the whole 'wouldn't want to be another Man City or Chelsea' thing. We've had donkeys years of dross, we deserve some quality imho.

Finally, whoever buys us, it won't be Mike Ashley. To me, that means two things, firstly that there may be an intention to actually compete as a sporting institution and secondly, even if we hate them/her it is unlikely many major investors would be able to cope with us if we turn on them in the way Ashley seems to have just ploughed on through even if he's taken it very personally at times.

It's a yes from me but then it would be a yes to pretty much anyone at this point.

Minhosa, seeing as how you've got more clue about the way businesses are purchased than most on here, are you confident this will go through despite several journalists disputing about the bid and it's worth/structure last night?

I knew of and about Ashley following his takeover of the club and made my concerns noted at the time and made my points that I was worried for the club. Unfortunately my worries were correct.

I, like most, know noubt about this group but I do welcome them with open arms. They are investing a large amount of money having professionally analysed the club from top to bottom. They have made a point about keeping Rafa in charge and you can only assume that means funds will be made available. Whether this is from the group or by simply managing the money coming into the club better, so it can be spent. Either way this looks good to me. 

To sit with the current owner and the better the devil you know attitude just follows those who said the same about Pardew. I was fully for sacking that useless bloke and I'm more of the feeling this is right if for nothing else than the famous quote about the definition of insanity. Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. If we stick with Ashley, we will keep going up and down through the leagues and one day, we wont come back up. Change could give us progress. It might not, but I'd like to think we at least tried.

I was one of those who was wary of Ashley from the very beginning, but this time it feels different.

Yes, there are even bigger c*nts than Ashley around, and we don't know anything about Staveley or PCP's motives, but if Mike Ashley stays and continues to spend less than virtually all of the Premier League sides, Rafa will almost certainy walk away and relegation will likely follow. We've been relegated under Ashley twice now, and flirted with relegation in most of the other seasons, so that isn't a pessimistic forecast.

We can only guess what Staveley/PCP have in mind. It's 10 years since Ashley bought the club, and it's a different league now. Anyone coming in to buy the club for 300m surely knows that investment is required to compete in the Premier League as it is now. I don't know what Staveley's football knowledge is, but the fact she tried to buy Liverpool and was involved in the Man City deal suggests that this bid for us is not an opportunistic bid on a whim. At the very least she's been following the football market for a long time, and surely knows the kind of money flying around. I think most sensible people can also see that Ashley has made huge mistakes, and is extremely fortunate to be looking at a profit. If Rafa hadn't shown up at his door wanting the manager's job, who knows where the club would be right now. Surely anyone wanting the club now would want to take it in a new direction. Ashley's making a lot of dosh out of it but that's a massive blag as opposed to a result of good decisions.

Lerner went from a good owner to worse then Ashley.  It can happen.

The exact example I was thinking of.

I'd be interested to hear the thoughts of Brummie (if he's still reading this forum) but I'm not aware that Lerner constantly shat on the history of Aston Villa Football Club nor did he make a stream of decisions that seemed, on the face of it, to be made purely out of spite and to piss the fans off.

Not saying Lerner wasn't a disaster of course. He was clearly a terrible owner for them.

Lerner just did a Short didn’t he? Waste a shit ton of money on a load of garbage and then said there was nothing left to give and dried up all money.

He didn’t actively try to mislead or upset their supporters, he was just thick as pigshit and badly advised.

This. Didn't he get divorced or something as well which contributed to him turning the taps off.

I don't know who's behind them so it's hard to say. They'll be better than Ashley.

The model of ownership and finance in football is broken, sadly. I can't say I'll feel much better being owned by a different billionaire TBH, but hopefully the new one won't drag the club into the shit and plaster his rank brand everywhere while starving the team of what it needs to succeed. It's not a big ask.

I suppose another plus point is Staveley's involvement with the Man City takeover and previous attempts to get Liverpool. I know City weren't that big but they were a Premier League club in need of fresh impetus, just like us. The opposite of Ashley pretending to love football when it was clear he didn't have the first clue about it.

The joker actually had Smith on his back when he was wearing his top in the stands :lol:

We can't say for certain whether this is good, but what do we have to lose? We are going nowhere now

I don't see how they can't be good owners. They're buying the club as an investment so they're going to have to make us a better business and a more successful football club in order to turn a profit.

That means maximising commercial revenue, securing our Premier League status by investing properly in the playing side, improving facilities, developing the youth teams so we actually have some players of value coming through etc.  All the things we, as fans, want to see.

However, because they'll be running us as a business we might see things happen that some won't like - stadium renaming, Middle East/Far East tours during pre season, more corporate entertainment at the ground etc.

As far as i'm concerned their involvement can only be positive because the only way is up after Ashley.

I'm expecting two things to happen that Ashley hasn't done but any new savvy owner potentially will.

1. Increase season ticket prices, not just small amounts but to actually catch up on several years of price freezes.

2. Build more corporate boxes, kicking regular fans out in the process.

This won't be popular

PCP are only the facilitators no? Just because they have access to a massive fund or whatever doesn't mean we're getting it all [emoji38]

Ok all is forgiven fat lad.......please don't go.....

Doesn't need to be Abu Dhabi sugar daddies, as long as our owners have us on a level playing field again. We're handicapped by Ashley.

There was talk in the other thread that PCP is actually a front for Chinese owners rather than from the UAE. I must admit, I'd prefer Arab owners if only because they seem to like throwing money at the situation until it's fixed. Not sure if the record of Chinese ownership has shown similar traits in English football so far.

Obviously we wouldn't want it to be some dodgy cunts linked to dubious practices but it'd be superb for the city / region if they tackled us like the owners have at Man City. Even a small amount would have real potential for increased spotlight and subsequent investment in jobs and infrastructure which could only be a positive.

Obviously we wouldn't want it to be some dodgy cunts linked to dubious practices but it'd be superb for the city / region if they tackled us like the owners have at Man City. Even a small amount would have real potential for increased spotlight and subsequent investment in jobs and infrastructure which could only be a positive.

Exactly. City owners were probably laughed at for their money no barrier attitude, but it's probably paid for itself in spades, not just at the team level, but for branding, global stature and reach, not to mention the benefits it will have brought to the region itself.