Newcastle United 0-1 Manchester City - 27/12/17 - Post-match reaction from pg.26

Kaizero

I'm amazed by some of the comments having a go at Rafa on here today - you guys must be living in cloud cuckoo land.

Really?  I've looked at most places and this place is the exception which doesn't surprise me.

Again people getting lambasted for questioning Rafas decisions. He is the one that has told us to play like that in the first half and quite frankly its embarrassing from him. Hes basically just forfeited the game he may as well have just said weve got no fucking hope just go through the motions.

Its 1 game for fucks sake its not a season defining game, we aren't relegated if we lose, so why go with this embarrassing formula and team that hes put it. Hes got it so fucking wrong tonight its unreal

Any thoughts on the West Ham game by the way? :rolleyes:

Guest Howaythetoon

Saying things like "I'd rather us lose 10-0 trying" is exactly the myth we are trying to move away from

It’s an expression meaning I’d rather try to win and lose and try not and lose, surely you can grasp that....

I'm amazed by some of the comments having a go at Rafa on here today - you guys must be living in cloud cuckoo land.

Really?  I've looked at most places and this place is the exception which doesn't surprise me.

Again people getting lambasted for questioning Rafas decisions. He is the one that has told us to play like that in the first half and quite frankly its embarrassing from him. Hes basically just forfeited the game he may as well have just said weve got no f***ing hope just go through the motions.

Its 1 game for f***s sake its not a season defining game, we aren't relegated if we lose, so why go with this embarrassing formula and team that hes put it. Hes got it so f***ing wrong tonight its unreal

You are alarmingly unintelligent man. Keep these thoughts locked away in your mind man.

Again people getting lambasted for questioning Rafas decisions. He is the one that has told us to play like that in the first half and quite frankly its embarrassing from him. Hes basically just forfeited the game he may as well have just said weve got no fucking hope just go through the motions.

Its 1 game for fucks sake its not a season defining game, we aren't relegated if we lose, so why go with this embarrassing formula and team that hes put it. Hes got it so fucking wrong tonight its unreal

Any thoughts on the West Ham game by the way? :rolleyes:

Astonished but pleased with the outcome

Wish we were getting thrashed so at least we would have a go.

Stupid comment.

Fits in with the mood though.

Nah man! We can still grab something with a cheeky set piece at this rate.

Aside from that we need to not throw our goal difference into disarray.

Was an ironic quote to fit in with the crowd tbh.

Guest Howaythetoon

Sorry but this is embarrassing, I get they are a great team and we are a s*** team, but for 35 or so minutes it was like we weren’t even on the pitch. At least have a go, I’d rather lose 10-0 trying than 3 or 4 not trying. It’s awful stuff. They have a responsibility to all those paying to have a go and at least compete. This is not a way I want to see us play again ever, it goes against the whole meaning of playing a game of football and certainly against my own ideals. It stinks and I’m not buying it just because there is this gulf in class. Oh what have we become!

I'm embarrassed by this post tbh.

I cannot for the life of me even remember any post of note from you on any subject so I’ll take this as a compliment :lol:

Look, I expected us to get turned over with ease in this match. Think I predicted 4-1, then earlier today thought they'd be two up after the first ten minutes.

As it is they've dominated possession and deservedly lead. But as long as it remains 1-0 we've got a chance of getting a point from the match, something I simply didn't think possible. It would be a fabulous result, and in the circumstances I couldn't give a flying fuck how we got it.

Guest neesy111

Sorry but this is embarrassing, I get they are a great team and we are a shit team, but for 35 or so minutes it was like we weren’t even on the pitch. At least have a go, I’d rather lose 10-0 trying than 3 or 4 not trying. It’s awful stuff. They have a responsibility to all those paying to have a go and at least compete. This is not a way I want to see us play again ever, it goes against the whole meaning of playing a game of football and certainly against my own ideals. It stinks and I’m not buying it just because there is this gulf in class. Oh what have we become!

I'm embarrassed by this post tbh.

Quelle suprise.

If we were top ten we'd no doubt have come out more ambitiously.

We are in a precarious position and need to be mindful of our goal difference in particular.

Why is this so difficult to understand. By the way we are only one goal down still and have every chance of grabbing something from this game still.

Will be interesting to see what people have to say if we manage to snatch a point here. Stop being ridiculous.

Look, I expected us to get turned over with ease in this match. Think I predicted 4-1, then earlier today thought they'd be two up after the first ten minutes.

As it is they've dominated possession and deservedly lead. But as long as it remains 1-0 we've got a chance of getting a point from the match, something I simply didn't think possible. It would be a fabulous result, and in the circumstances I couldn't give a flying f*** how we got it.

:thup:

How is it embarrassing to be 1-0 down at half time? This is against a team that scores goals for fun, imagine the embarrassment if we lost 10-0, how much damage would that do mentally to the team, how much damage would that do to our goal difference? We don't have a team that can play attacking football against this lot, the best we can hope for currently is try to stop them scoring and possibly nick a counter if the chance arises. Calling for some weird ass plan of just throwing caution to the wind is plain mental  ???

The score line isn’t embarrassing, it’s the way we have played or rather the way we have basically gave up the game. No one is saying throw caution to the wind but howay man, we were camped on o own 20myard box from minute one. Hoofing it at every opportunity. I’ve never understood the sit back and just let them have it tactic, especially against a team like Man City. It’s basically forefeiting the game and that’s unacceptable at home with a sell out crowd. I agree with that c*** Gary Neville, it’s unaccetible.

Is that not the whole point though? The scoreline wouldn't be 1-0 if we'd played more openly in the first half? They'd have most likely stuck several more past us.

We are lucky not to be several down so by the same token... I’m a gambling man when it comes to football, not in the literal sense, but I’d rather take my chances!

So surely by that rationale the odds would have been greater that they'd seriously stuff us and score more if we'd been more open. The better odds on us getting anything from the game would be to soak it up and nick a counter if possible? As unlikely as it is, it 'could' still happen.

Soaking it up and hitting the counter was us against Liverpool, the first 35 minutes or so was Man City and and 11 people purporting to be a football team just standing around doing fuck all.

While I kind of agree with that, I've always been of the opinion that there's ninety minutes to every game and if we killed it for eighty-nine then nicked a goal in that remaining one at least we'd get something. I admit it would be much better, more entertaining to watch an attacking side, in fact I doubt anyone would say any different but as things stand, with our team, their team and the league I'd take any points at all from a game like this. If we get bought out, if we have some decent money to spend, we'll improve, we'll play attacking football against teams like City once again, just not today.

Again people getting lambasted for questioning Rafas decisions. He is the one that has told us to play like that in the first half and quite frankly its embarrassing from him. Hes basically just forfeited the game he may as well have just said weve got no f***ing hope just go through the motions.

Its 1 game for f***s sake its not a season defining game, we aren't relegated if we lose, so why go with this embarrassing formula and team that hes put it. Hes got it so f***ing wrong tonight its unreal

A hammering to our goal difference could be season defining.