The other games today 2018/19

Greg

Was it just me or did Ronaldo not run over to celebrate with everyone for Bale’s 1st goal?

He did [emoji38]

Seemed off all game though. Whatever this announcement is was clearly playing on his mind. Last game for Real? Retirement after world cup?

He's not leaving Real, just him angling for a bumper contract, it's his new tactic and it works

Also, the post game Bale interview, was about as bad an advert for modern football as you can see.

You've literally just won the biggest club competition in the world, the biggest night of many people's careers, the absolute pinnacle of your career, the thing you've worked all those years for and rather than just be in the moment of sheer jubilation, able to overlook self-interest, engage with your team mates and enjoy the moment you make it political, financially motivated and all about next season.

Fucking hell man. For one night, that's all completely irrelevant, worry about it tomorrow, next week or whatever. You've literally made the most incredible history and you take your chance to have a dig and play politics.

I thought it stunk personally.

Agree with that but I guess he’s won it before, did seem a bit odd though. Doesn’t speak much Spanish I suppose so probably anything to get away from them.

I’d also like to pay homage to Championship regulars Aston Villa. Since being relegated they’ve spent the below on the following that are still there:

McCormack £14m

Kojdia £13m

Hogan £10.5m

Bree £3.5m

Lansbury £3.5m

Tshibola £5m

Whelan £2m

plus having well paid veterans like Agbonlahor and Richards in their squad.

All still contracted to the club and not one of them started yesterday. Very impressive by the good Dr. Well done. Definitely not in the shite.

Also, the post game Bale interview, was about as bad an advert for modern football as you can see.

You've literally just won the biggest club competition in the world, the biggest night of many people's careers, the absolute pinnacle of your career, the thing you've worked all those years for and rather than just be in the moment of sheer jubilation, able to overlook self-interest, engage with your team mates and enjoy the moment you make it political, financially motivated and all about next season.

Fucking hell man. For one night, that's all completely irrelevant, worry about it tomorrow, next week or whatever. You've literally made the most incredible history and you take your chance to have a dig and play politics.

I understand what you're saying but he did get asked the question by Des Kelly and he was obviously frustrated at being left on the bench.

I hate players getting interviewed on the pitch and missing out on celebrations with the fans/teammates. I guess Bale should have saved it for after the celebrations

The fact is was right after the whistle, on the pitch showed his true colours imho. He had no time to prep/be briefed by his endless PR folk etc.

It's like Usain Bolt breaking the 100m world record and moaning about his tracksuit sponsors next season before he's got his breath back.

If thats what it's all about then we're all stuck inside this ridiculous money machine and we might as well find another sport to love cos this is done. Last night, after the whistle, was nothing to do with football. It was business.

Who wants to do more business after just landing the deal of their lives?

Give me a team who care/are only capable of being grafters who give a shit than self-centred, self-serving cunts like Bale any day.

I honestly thought it was shocking.

Agree with that but I guess he’s won it before, did seem a bit odd though. Doesn’t speak much Spanish I suppose so probably anything to get away from them.

I’d also like to pay homage to Championship regulars Aston Villa. Since being relegated they’ve spent the below on the following that are still there:

McCormack £14m

Kojdia £13m

Hogan £10.5m

Bree £3.5m

Lansbury £3.5m

Tshibola £5m

Whelan £2m

All still contracted to the club and not one of them started yesterday. Very impressive by the good Dr. Well done. Definitely not in the shite.

Yesterday was a disaster for Villa. Do we know how deep the good doctor's pockets are?

They're in need a complete overhaul. I suspect Bruce might chuck it given the year he's had personally.

There's been a lot of talk about us having the highest ever wage bill in the Championship but I'd say this Villa squad can't be far off at all, especially given Terry will probably be taking home £100k per week on his own.

Disco's really enjoying Villa :lol:

There have been quite a few really spectacular overhead kicks and it's really tough to choose between them but there is something so perfect and beautiful about that Sinclair one. easily my favourite.

McCormack £14m

Kojdia £13m

Hogan £10.5m

Bree £3.5m

Lansbury £3.5m

Tshibola £5m

Whelan £2m

Yesterday was a disaster for Villa. Do we know how deep the good doctor's pockets are?

They're in need a complete overhaul. I suspect Bruce might chuck it given the year he's had personally.

There's been a lot of talk about us having the highest ever wage bill in the Championship but I'd say this Villa squad can't be far off at all, especially given Terry will probably be taking home £100k per week on his own.

Aye wouldn’t be surprised if he binned it. He got it badly wrong yesterday in the first half too.

Regardless of how deep his pockets are you’ve three comparatively well run clubs with deeper pockets than them coming down. That and having few assets bar Grealish this they’d be able to turn a big sale on. Shame.

There have been quite a few really spectacular overhead kicks and it's really tough to choose between them but there is something so perfect and beautiful about that Sinclair one. easily my favourite.

Schadenfreude is what football is all about. I’d forgotten how much I disliked them and John Terry until this week tbh before the whole contract thing reared it’s head. Needlessly arrogant, completely devoid of self awareness and a pack of self indulgent arseholes.

Schadenfreude is what football is all about. I’d forgotten how much I disliked them and John Terry until this week tbh before the whole contract thing reared it’s head. Needlessly arrogant, completely devoid of self awareness and a pack of self indulgent arseholes.

'That's not what football is about. It's about me. Me. Me. Me.' G. Bale, Champions League Winner, MotM and general self-centred prick 26/05/18.

'That's not what football is about. It's about me. Me. Me. Me.' G. Bale, Champions League Winner, MotM and general self-centred prick 26/05/18.

What exactly sure what you want tbh, it's not like he went out of his way to say what he said, he was asked a question, and essentially said "I want to be playing regular first team football." Don't really see what's wrong with that :undecided:

It’s a crime against football for Gareth Bale to be warming benches tbf.

He came.  He saw.  He conquered. Won the lot.  If Real won’t play him regularly, let’s bring him back to the PL pls.

But obviously him and Cristiano should’ve waited until after the celebrations for this. If Cristiano wants to leave, the Bale stays anyway - showing the value of having some class.  He could’ve just said ‘I’m going to enjoy tonight, the celebrations and review my future in the summer’.  But he obviously wanted to make a statement of intent to other clubs and Perez. 

If Basel & Benfica get through the quali's, Liverpool will be in pot 3 for next seasons CL :lol:

Looking at that list, I'm not sure if I's rather be in pot 2 or pot 3 tbh :lol:.

One thing I did take from last night was that we (Spurs) actually stood a chance of winning the thing this year with a bit more luck and nous (and if our form didn't vanish at the wrong time). That's both good and bad - good because we're not out of place, and bad because we might have missed a great opportunity.

Once again though, that fucking Bale goal. I don't think that will ever get old.

Bale's contracted to 2022 and just scored 2 goals to win the CL.  Good luck to whichever club wants him, gonna be insane money :lol:  Though like has been said if Ronaldo leaves/retires/whatever, Bale won't be going anywhere and Zidane will proably need to start him all the time anyway

If Basel & Benfica get through the quali's, Liverpool will be in pot 3 for next seasons CL :lol:

What's so weird about that? That's how the coefficients work, over a 5 year basis.

As good as they have been in getting to two finals (15-16, 17-18), they also missed two full seasons in Europe (13-14, 16-17). They also had a bad year in 14-15 winning only 1 CL group game and going out in the last 32 of the Europa League.

Could do with Shrewsbury winning today. Having Rotherham in League 1 next season would be stronger than having Shrewsbury in it, anything to make it harder for Sunderland to get out of it.

Could do with Shrewsbury winning today. Having Rotherham in League 1 next season would be stronger than having Shrewsbury in it, anything to make it harder for Sunderland to get out of it.

If Rotherham do go up, all relegated teams last season would have been promoted. Bit of a bad omen.