The other games today 2018/19

Greg

Man City pick up the league title in front of their own fans after a 0-0 draw with Huddersfield Town. What a fucking tinpot club.

Awful game. :mou:

Might be tricky for Fulham going into the play offs now after looking like they might snatch an automatic place.

It seems like the team in 3rd rarely goes up via the playoffs.  Especially if they’ve been in a race for the second promotion place with the hit to morale losing out on that brings.

Better for us surely

You'd like to think we won't be worrying about the likes of them next season.

We'll know far more by mid August, but for now, I'd say 17th is still very much the aim for next season and like this season, anything above that is a bonus. Man for man, I'd consider WBA and Stoke to have at least similar squads in terms of quality and without Rafa, with this current squad we'd be a lot further down the table IMO. There's only so long the likes of Dummett, Diame, Perez etc can play at the top of their game as in reality, they are pretty average. There needs to be a lot of investment in this team and if not, I doubt Rafa would hang around and would even go to the likes of Leicester and even West Ham where he would be working with better players and certainly in Leicester's case, a lot bigger budget.

With that in mind, it's good to see the likes of Cardiff, Huddersfield, Brighton, Swansea etc remain in the division as worst come to the worst, we'd have a better chance of staying up and even if we do have a happy enough summer, it should be act as a bit of insurance if things don't go expected even with a content Rafa.

Might be tricky for Fulham going into the play offs now after looking like they might snatch an automatic place.

It seems like the team in 3rd rarely goes up via the playoffs.  Especially if they’ve been in a race for the second promotion place with the hit to morale losing out on that brings.

We know only too well :(

I hope we beat Spurs even more now. Would be hilarious if they missed out on top 4 after looking good for top 3 until recently. Europa League on their brand spanking new stadium, 2 or 3 of their big stars likely to go if that happens?

I hope we beat Spurs even more now. Would be hilarious if they missed out on top 4 after looking good for top 3 until recently. Europa League on their brand spanking new stadium, 2 or 3 of their big stars likely to go if that happens?

Yep. They will be seeing the pictures of Kyle Walker celebrating with his winners medal today and his significant pay rise and thinking that should be me.

Yep. They will be seeing the pictures of Kyle Walker celebrating with his winners medal today and his significant pay rise and thinking that should be me.

This is the opposite of what I'm hoping. If Chelsea and Tottenham can overtake Liverpool AND Liverpool lose to Real Madrid? That's an extra level of schadenfreude to enjoy.