The other games today 2018/19

Greg

Guest firetotheworks

Can anyone think of a bigger mishap at the highest level in the way that Karius had last night? There are own goals and missed penalties, but to do it twice in the same match, at the peak of club football feels pretty new.

i felt that little period before bale did his thing (i think, can't remember the exact time but either at 1-1 or 1-2) when liverpool pressed them like fuck was very telling - almost felt like they'd been keeping it back intentionally and had they had salah at that time i think they'd have exploited madrid much more but they might as well have put me on as sub for all the good lallana was

They were always going to run out of legs imo.  They always needed to be in the lead or level going into the final 15 minutes. Their bench as much as anything killed them.  Had Karius not made the mistake and Liverpool scored.  I would’ve fancied Real to score another in ET. 

i felt that little period before bale did his thing (i think, can't remember the exact time but either at 1-1 or 1-2) when liverpool pressed them like fuck was very telling - almost felt like they'd been keeping it back intentionally and had they had salah at that time i think they'd have exploited madrid much more but they might as well have put me on as sub for all the good lallana was

They were always going to run out of legs imo.  They always needed to be in the lead or level going into the final 15 minutes. Their bench as much as anything killed them.  Had Karius not made the mistake and Liverpool scored.  I would’ve fancied Real to score another in ET. 

correct, why is why it would have been a different story had salah not went off

Paul Scholes has poured salt in the wounds of Mohamed Salah and Loris Karius by criticising the pair for getting upset during a devastating Champions League final defeat for Liverpool.

'I can understand Karius, I suppose, he's devastated at what's happened,' he told Manchester Evening News. 'But injuries are part of the game.

'If you go back years and you saw somebody crying on the pitch, they'd have had a whole load of stick for it. Now it's a different game, players are sensitive and they get upset easily.'

Weird take. :lol:

Ramos is a total cretin, you can't blame people for thinking it was deliberate. He certainly wasn't trying to release his arm, or protect him in any way.

it was classic cuntish (good) european defending, he's held onto salah so there's no chance he could spring back up and getaway with the ball after they've tangled

Paul Scholes has poured salt in the wounds of Mohamed Salah and Loris Karius by criticising the pair for getting upset during a devastating Champions League final defeat for Liverpool.

'I can understand Karius, I suppose, he's devastated at what's happened,' he told Manchester Evening News. 'But injuries are part of the game.

'If you go back years and you saw somebody crying on the pitch, they'd have had a whole load of stick for it. Now it's a different game, players are sensitive and they get upset easily.'

What a little freak. :lol:

What a little freak. :lol:

Yeah, Gazza didn't get any sympathy at all, like :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Ramos is a total cretin, you can't blame people for thinking it was deliberate. He certainly wasn't trying to release his arm, or protect him in any way.

:thup: My thoughts exactly.

I feel it was one of them things where he didn't intentionally go out to dislocate his arm, but he was trying to let Salah know he was there, and it just went badly.

So transparent, he’s only coming out with this coz they are Liverpool players. I’d bet he said fuck all when Ronaldo was greeting every week when he played with him

So Exeter sacked their manager in the middle of last season, they couldn’t afford to pay him off so he stayed on as manager, now a year and a half later they are in the play off final. :lol:

It’s interesting listening to the different views on the Ramos/Salah incident.  After seeing 1 replay of it during the game i thought it was pretty clear and obvious that Ramos deliberately locked his arm in to drag him down.  What he hoped to achieve from it is anyone’s guess.  He is a known shithouse though, so i’d say at the very least he wanted to piss Salah off to try and get a reaction from him.

Scholes is a fucking dull bloke