Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

1 hour ago, Wallsendmag said:

Pundits giving him stick now. If we want rid we'll just have to give him away for a nominal fee.

Not sure how many keepers going into their age 36 season would command much more than a nominal fee

6 hours ago, Upthemags said:

Not sure how many keepers going into their age 36 season would command much more than a nominal fee

fuck me..didnt realise he was going to be 36. Absolutely needs replacing then. Has been a great servant but his time is up here.

14 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Had great servant become code for mediocre at best footballer who hung around for years because no one else would pay his wages?

That’s not an inaccurate statement.

Same applies to Ritchie, Dummett, Gillespie, to a lesser extent Lascelles...

11 hours ago, Upthemags said:

Could have just said 35 year old rather than going into their age 36 season, which is an expression I've never heard before. Suppose it makes him sound a bit older though which is what you were trying to do [emoji38]

Think if he'd had a really good season for us last year and a good Euros we might have been able to get £3/£4m as potentially he could play till hes 37 or 38 but as none of those happened he's as good as worthless.

6 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Same applies to Ritchie, Dummett, Gillespie, to a lesser extent Lascelles...

I think in these and Dubravka's cases they at least were decent for us at one point and were part of the team that got us promoted and then helped secure our status as a Premier League team (despite Ashley's best efforts). 

So in that sense I don't mind the great servant moniker. Yeah as a group they're mostly not good enough now but that's not their fault. Ashley is responsible for most of them still being here. 

There's plenty of players this doesn't apply to mind. 

Feel like he was a decent keeper when he first came, but after a few shakey moments all confidence has gone and that's resulted in less confident Goalkeeping and generally him becoming a lot worse.

To some degree, I think Pope has also lost confidence since that Liverpool incident a few years back.

The thing with Dubravka is it's more evident. He's a fairly average keeper who was being made to look better under lesser management because we sat deeper and were generally shiter so he had to do more shot stopping. Now we press high and there's more need to be a sweeper keeper who can play the ball about he's being found out a bit. Has never really commanded his area too so suspect there's a lack of confidence from those in front of him.

Sadly (for him) I think his time is up. He put a loose nail in his coffin with the whole Man United thing too for most fans I suspect. Need a young replacement to come in under Pope (such as Trafford).

Edited by Heron

I don't remember Dubs being this bad a keeper before he went to Man U. :serious: Was our bar just low or something? And Pope has just shown us what a good keeper is?

51 minutes ago, duo said:

I don't remember Dubs being this bad a keeper before he went to Man U. :serious: Was our bar just low or something? And Pope has just shown us what a good keeper is?

Change in play style. We aren't a bottom half team anymore. Dubs has regressed with age. 

He was good when he joined. 

10 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

Could have just said 35 year old rather than going into their age 36 season, which is an expression I've never heard before. Suppose it makes him sound a bit older though which is what you were trying to do [emoji38]

Think if he'd had a really good season for us last year and a good Euros we might have been able to get £3/£4m as potentially he could play till hes 37 or 38 but as none of those happened he's as good as worthless.

In effect you're agreeing with me - had Dubs played great and replaced Pope (a top 3 keeper in the prem) without us so much as noticing Pope was gone, we might have fetched 3 million quid for the lad, as you say. Were he 24 years old and replaced Pope all the same, he'd be worth 30-40 million.

Not exactly a revolutionary observation. Keepers as old as dubs, sans perhaps the world class ones, are not fetching more than a "nominal" fee.

18 hours ago, Upthemags said:

In effect you're agreeing with me - had Dubs played great and replaced Pope (a top 3 keeper in the prem) without us so much as noticing Pope was gone, we might have fetched 3 million quid for the lad, as you say. Were he 24 years old and replaced Pope all the same, he'd be worth 30-40 million.

Not exactly a revolutionary observation. Keepers as old as dubs, sans perhaps the world class ones, are not fetching more than a "nominal" fee.

Sorry pal I didn't realise only revolutionary observations were allowed on here. Must try harder!

On 22/06/2024 at 10:03, Cf said:

Change in play style. We aren't a bottom half team anymore. Dubs has regressed with age. 

He was good when he joined. 

I think dubs is miles better on the ball than pope mind

He's going to have a stormer on Sunday isn't he? 

Or we could just play a more balanced team with willing runners on the wings to exploit their weakness. 

8 minutes ago, CPL said:

Or we could just play a more balanced team with willing runners on the wings to exploit their weakness. 

Of course he is...this will be where England play a blinding game and he looks like prime Schmeichel...Peter not Kasper, and Chelsea come offering 25m

3 hours ago, gjohnson said:

Of course he is...this will be where England play a blinding game and he looks like prime Schmeichel...Peter not Kasper, and Chelsea come offering 25m

Works for me. For the record I've seen Peter more that Kasper in my life.

13 hours ago, CPL said:

Trippier and Gordon will just tell everyone to shoot low to his right hand side and it'll go past him.

On 27/06/2024 at 00:28, CPL said:

That would mean he would have to face some shots though so...

image.png

On 26/06/2024 at 22:28, CPL said:

• 1 month later...