Islam Slimani - Returned to Leicester

Figures 1-0 Football

If you could design a striker to fit Rafa's system, it would be Slimani.

it'd be prime torres tbh

Yeah but I was talking current players, and Slimani's not a bad alternative. Got some pace to add to the power like Torres.

If he was 27 in two months time, rather than 30, I could see us buying him.

I wonder if Rafa would buy him regardless of his age given the chance? He'd be good for three years even with no sell on value.

Looked good. Still too early to say with any real conviction. But since he wasn't Rafa's first choice in January, I would be looking to secure his first choice. Whoever that may be.

how's that?  he was rafa's first choice the summer we went down (had we stayed up) right

Looked good. Still too early to say with any real conviction. But since he wasn't Rafa's first choice in January, I would be looking to secure his first choice. Whoever that may be.

how's that?  he was rafa's first choice the summer we went down (had we stayed up) right

That's what I thought.

Was he? Oh well then, sign him up.

We wanted him at the start of January too but didnt think they'd let him and Ulloa go. If he's available Rafa will want him.

I don't think we'll sign him.

It depends how long Rafa thinks he has left at the top. 2 years ago you could happily say 3-4 years, maybe now it's 1-2. I think Rafa will probably have another, younger target lined up as top target.