Islam Slimani - Returned to Leicester

Figures 1-0 Football

With this nearly completed, I'm intrigued to see who makes a bigger contribution to survival for their respective clubs out of him and Strurridge.

I would say this, but I reckon Slimani is the man.

I don't know. If Sturridge stays fit he'll be very dangerous for them. Hopefully Pardew can work his magic within 4 games and turn him into an absolute turd.

Do you remember Hodgson's England team in the Euros?

When he ended up chucking on Vardy and Sturridge to join Kane on the pitch, because they weren't doing anything upfront? And it just ended up worse, with the team looking completely out of sorts?

Expect Pardew to end up doing the same. He is incapable of putting together a functioning midfield that creates any kind of good play to produce opportunities for his strikers.

He will end up forcing Rondon, Jay Rodriguez and Sturridge on the pitch at the same time.

It will end up an incohesive mess.

With this nearly completed, I'm intrigued to see who makes a bigger contribution to survival for their respective clubs out of him and Strurridge.

Islam all the way. Have to say this has perked me up.

Islam all the way. Have to say this has perked me up.

Class to hear :thup: We need all the positivity we can get atm.

A8FkMOJ.png

"likes to tackle"

red card in first game, never seen again then

Fantastic strengths and style of play.

Likes to tackle indicates his effort in closing down, which is so important for us.

Please God let this man stay fit the rest of the way now.

31 goals in 44 games for Sporting (15-16). 9 in 31 following season (Leicester). Not sure how many starts though. Give him a run of games, play through and to him, and he'll score. Bas Dost, who replaced him at Sporting, scored 36 (in 41) for Sporting (16-17). He would have cost circa £40m (they signed him for €12m, btw). Basically, we're getting a goalscorer.

I don't know. If Sturridge stays fit he'll be very dangerous for them. Hopefully Pardew can work his magic within 4 games and turn him into an absolute turd.

Do you remember Hodgson's England team in the Euros?

When he ended up chucking on Vardy and Sturridge to join Kane on the pitch, because they weren't doing anything upfront? And it just ended up worse, with the team looking completely out of sorts?

Expect Pardew to end up doing the same. He is incapable of putting together a functioning midfield that creates any kind of good play to produce opportunities for his strikers.

He will end up forcing Rondon, Jay Rodriguez and Sturridge on the pitch at the same time.

It will end up an incohesive mess.

Pardew's managerial prowess summed up perfectly in a few lines.

Guest firetotheworks

I've already had the pleasure of being in the stadium to see this guy score a great goal. It was Shearer like. Reminded me a bit of Shearer's first against Spurs when we beat them 7-1.

:fwap: Wild horses wouldn't have stopped Shearer scoring that goal. I need to see the Slimani one now, who was it against?

I've already had the pleasure of being in the stadium to see this guy score a great goal. It was Shearer like. Reminded me a bit of Shearer's first against Spurs when we beat them 7-1.

:fwap: Wild horses wouldn't have stopped Shearer scoring that goal. I need to see the Slimani one now, who was it against?

My alcohol fulled memory of my trip to Brasil appears to have made the goal better than it was now I've just watched it back but it's still a good goal. First goal in this cracker: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/25285249