Newcastle United 1 - 0 Man United - 11/02/18 - Post-match jubilation from pg22

Dave

We were lucky.

Anyone who gets a result against a top 6 side are always going to have an element of luck for it to happen, even other top 6 sides. I’d say the same for most games at this level in general. For what it’s worth I don’t think we were that lucky. The 1 on 1 in the first half was probably our luckiest moment, but in saying that we were unlucky not to get a penalty. The clearances off the line can easily just be attributed to the defenders getting back in position quickly. Aside from that I don’t see much luck that went our way, we coped well with what they threw at us.

We were lucky.

If you can't even get a bit excited about this win, then your either not a Newcastle fan, or Football just isn't for you. I mean, I didn't even watch the game as I was at work but when the result came through I shouted get in, and did a fistbumb. :lol:

Guest hydeous

Was a really tense last 10 minutes or so, but we were well worth the win in my opinion.

So happy with the result, should really give the team some confidence for the next few games. If we can build on this, and Slimani makes an impact after the week's break, I really hope we pull away from the bottom of the table and give all our hearts a little rest.

Diame, Shelvey were excellent in the middle. Dubravka had a game to remember, Lascelles and Lejuene were great at the back. The rest put in solid shifts, and everyone just seemed to want it more than they did.

The crowd sounded amazing today as well. Great lift for everyone, I'm sure. Was a great lift for me after a shitty week.

Absolutely love Rafa, and I hope he gets what he deserves from his Newcastle project.

We were lucky.

[emoji38]

Fucking clown.

Can we do away with this doom and gloom shit about how everyone around us is winning and we can't get a result against the u11 blind school team. A result like this was always coming and it won't be the last.

It'll be tight but we're staying up imo.