Your favourite ever Newcastle United goal

joeyt

4 hours ago, gazza ladra said:

Solano vs. Everton

Robert vs. Olympiakos

Odd choices, but that's the way it is.

Would that be the goal with the outside of his foot to win it 1-0? Fantastic goal and completely summed up how good his technique was.

I think my favourite is Robert's second vs Spurs in the 4-0.  I've always preferred it to the volley in the same game - not sure why, but just love the audacity of it.  Honourable mentions to Shearer's  side foot volley against Villa, Shearer when he rolled Desailly and pinged it, and the Shearer volley vs Everton.

I should really have mentioned Shearer's header in the FA Cup against Sheffield United at Old Trafford 1997-98, I think I am right in thinking it was the first 'competitive' Newcastle game I had been to, and the away end was bouncing when Shearer followed up his header, to send us 1-0 up!

Guest HTT II
23 minutes ago, OCK said:

Tiote's one and only. 

My brother in law supports them, I was working that day and got a text saying yous are 4-0 down, at that time I’d fallen out of love with the club (again) following Hughton’s sacking so didn’t care, but when I got a text saying should be 5-4 to yous I was like, fucking hell…

I know Ben Arfa's v Bolton & Blackburn are the ones most talked about, but his rocket at home to Villa is my favourite out of all the goals he scored for me. Normally when someone buries one with their weaker foot you can tell it's not their strongest side, but the way he caught that one you genuinely could have thought he was right footed. It was straight as a die and an absolute thunder strike. It was still rising as it flew into the net.

Edited by MrRaspberryJam

6 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

I know Ben Arfa's v Bolton & Blackburn are the ones most talked about, but his rocket at home to Villa is my favourite out of all the goals he scored for me. Normally when someone buries one with their weaker foot you can tell it's not their strongest side, but the way he caught that one you genuinely could have thought he was right footed. It was straight as a die and an absolute thunder strike. It was still rising as it flew into the net.

One I was actually there for. :smitten:

David Kelly's penalty against Cambridge for his hat-trick, Peacock was the taker but Kelly was on a hat-trick and the crowd willing him to get it chanted an impromptu "Kelly, Kelly" demand. Peacock finally relented. Pressure all round on that kick, he scored, and Peacock got his goal anyway later on.

Tino's second v Metz. Controlled a goal kick perfect, mazy run through defenders but the nonchalant 'this is too easy and I'm bored' finish made it.

Clark finishing off about 25 passes against Sheffield Wed in 96.

Edited by Wolfcastle

8 minutes ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

This one doesn’t get the recognition it deserves- overshadowed by the screamer vs Everton (same season)

but the technique on this is remarkable 

Thankfully scored at the Gallowgate end so the camera was right behind the dip and curl on it.