Your favourite ever Newcastle United goal

joeyt

Laurent Robert has got to be one of if not the best PL free kick taker of all time for attempts/goals record.

Could pick any of 10 of his as my favourite, alongside the 2 HBA ones.

Kelly V Portsmouth and Walsh V Leicester for the sheer release.

I thought Bernard V Chelsea may have had a mention, a bit like Perez's where everyone touched it but against better opposition and the type of goal the media wanks over when other teams score them.

Beardsley v Pompey away 83-84.

Great call.

The way he beats 2 players, almost on the goal line is sublime.

One of my favourites, not least as it was scored just before HT as we arrived at the ground after rail chaos. We were so late we had to go in the home end! Young Mark Hately and Neil Webb in their team.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Aye I do love a cross and bullet header.

John Barnes scored a cracking header for us, can't remember who it was against though.  He hit a belter against West Ham(?) too, outside of the foot from the edge of the box.

Favourite atmosphere goal: Shearers record breaker v Portsmouth, unbelievable noise singing all his songs for 10 minutes afterwards

Favourite thunderbastard goal: Shearer v Everton, my first time in the gallowgate as my mate had swapped season tickets for the day as he wanted to see what it was like up at level 7.

Favourite radge goal: Laurent Robert overhead ninja backheel v Fulham. Outrageous

A few not mentioned;

McGhee in the mad 4-2 down to win it 5-4 last minute at home to Leicester in 89-90

Either of Cole or Lee's at Anfield in 93-94 when we battered them or Watson's in the League Cup there in 95-96!

*Insert clip of all of Robert's 32 goals here*

Free kick vs Man Utd in the 4-3 win is probably my fav, just because though I started going to games in 1997, that's my first actual NUFC memory (and reason I got his name on my shirt :lol: )

*Insert clip of all of Robert's 32 goals here*

Free kick vs Man Utd in the 4-3 win is probably my fav, just because though I started going to games in 1997, that's my first actual NUFC memory (and reason I got his name on my shirt :lol: )

I got Gillespie on my shirt simply because they started charging £5 for any name and number rather than 50p a letter and £1 a number!

Well no point getting 7 Lee when 18 Gillespie is the same price! Always preferred double digit numbers as well

I have no idea who it was against or anything but there's a beautiful Beardsley one where he dives into a tackle on the edge of the box and drags the ball round as he's getting up then casually dinks it over the keeper.

No fancy footwork, no dropping the shoulder, putting half the defence on their arse or rounding the keeper. Just the determination to be hounding the defence right back into their own area, the presence of mind to know how to get back to his feet while protecting the ball and then the perfectly weighted chip.

Something about that goal always makes me go back and watch it every now and again.

I have no idea who it was against or anything but there's a beautiful Beardsley one where he dives into a tackle on the edge of the box and drags the ball round as he's getting up then casually dinks it over the keeper.

No fancy footwork, no dropping the shoulder, putting half the defence on their arse or rounding the keeper. Just the determination to be hounding the defence right back into their own area, the presence of mind to know how to get back to his feet while protecting the ball and then the perfectly weighted chip.

Something about that goal always makes me go back and watch it every now and again.

Got an inkling that's from his first spell. I can picture the goal you mean perfectly but have absolutely no idea who it was against or when.

Not as good as the Robert goal vs Arsenal which sent us top of the league for Christmas/broke the London curse/devastated my brother but Demba Ba's double vs Norwich has a place in my heart. He was in the Ivan Drago stage of his career, everything he hit, he destroys scored. :aww:

Pure spine tingler would be Bellamy vs Feyernoord or Shearer vs Inter away. Still get goosebumps watching those now.

I was at the Portsmouth game and ditto on the 10 minutes after the record breaker. Wasn't a dry eye in the stadium IIRC.

Pure lushies, Robert brace vs Spurs, Martins vs Spurs, West Brom away goals, Ginola vs Ferencvaros, Ben Arfa's two beauts and Cisse at Chelsea.

Got an inkling that's from his first spell. I can picture the goal you mean perfectly but have absolutely no idea who it was against or when.

Aye that's it.

I can only ever find it in grainy, pixelated videos with daft music over the top so all I can ever make out is that it's against a team in blue.