Your favourite ever Newcastle United goal

joeyt

Couldn't find a recent similar thread and international weekends are boring so what's your favourite ever NUFC goal? Feel free to pick not just high quality goals but also goals which may be personal to you or had a great significance on the history of Newcastle United. Obviously, no Youtube clips

I'll go for:

1) Alan Shearer vs Aston Villa - The volley he scored from a ridiculous angle against arguably the best keeper the PL has seen. Absolutely beautfiul goal and I enjoy it more than Shearer's volley vs Everton (which was also brilliant)

2) Craig Bellamy vs Feyenoord - I was young at the time but I still remember the drama of that game. Think my dad allowed me to stay up to watch it and it was a crazy game with an unbelievable ending.

3) Tiote v Arsenal - Doesn't really need much explaining but an amazing strike following an unbelievable second half. The noise in the ground in the second half was absolutely amazing

So many great goals in our history so please fill me with some Beardsley, Shearer, Solano, Pancrate, HBA, Robert, Cisse etc nostalgia

Guest reefatoon

David Kelly. :love:

One of our most important ever goals.

For celebrating wise, I would have to say Shearers against Sheffield United in the semi at Old Trafford. The stand was actually bouncing. Thought my head was going to explode after celebrating that one, was amazing scenes.

When I was young, i remember Gazza’s goal against Crystal Palace in the cup, where he seemed to hit it from a mile out, right in the top corner. Sat behind that goal too and watched it all the way. Thought I would never see a better goal than that.

Just found the Gazza goal on YouTube there, man it’s still an amazing goal, and it was a mile out. That clip is made all the more sweeter too as f***nut Pardew has a goal disallowed.

Lovenkrands clincher against Boro in the relegation season. I thought that was us getting to safety.

Cabaye's free kick against Man U was incredible.

More recently, Atsu's free kick against Cardiff.

Lovenkrands clincher against Boro in the relegation season. I thought that was us getting to safety.

Cabaye's free kick against Man U was incredible.

More recently, Atsu's free kick against Cardiff.

Bit of a weird one out of all the goals last season? Nice free-kick, like.

Was gonna say the Lovenkrands one, funnily enough. Both his and the Martins goal in that game is the most I've ever lost it at the ground.

Shola's equaliser against Spurs in that 2-2 was a good one, really enjoyed that at the time.

Favourite Shearer one was the long range piledriver against Chelsea - and probably takes the top spot for me altogether.

More randoms; Enrique against Forest, Cisse's two against Liverpool, Shola's volley against the Mackems, Perez against Brighton.

Robert's double against Spurs. Both absolutely ridiculous.

This - probably the two I watch most.  Just stunning goals.

If anything the second (not the volley) is almost more insane than the first.

Cisse v chelsea the 2nd one is my fave  goal of all time just everything about it... was the night before my 18th birthday... I remember  being in the room with the girlfriend watching  the snooker osullivan  just beat Robertson  and I mind of kept sticking the ceefax on to check the score had no idea about  the quality  of any of the goals till my ole doll came in to the  room to tell me... she was at some award ceremony  and the game was on in the bar... remember  I went on line and looked it up in remember  not being able to sleep that night I felt like I was pumped up with drugs....

You don’t see it so much on the coverage but the movement on the ball for the second is absolutely insane. My ST used be in the East and we were right behind it. Glorious goal and one of my favourites too.

Guest Open_C

You don’t see it so much on the coverage but the movement on the ball for the second is absolutely insane. My ST used be in the East and we were right behind it. Glorious goal and one of my favourites too.

Aye, I was in the Gallowgate second tier right behind the goal and I was properly ???