Your favourite ever Newcastle United goal

joeyt

think he plays a 1-2 with keegan, but a Brighton players gets to it first, Beardsley slides in take the ball , stands up and lobs Joe Corrigan, watched from the then west stand, can still picture that day.

Keegans last ever competitive match.

Sometimes feel a bit miffed that I couldn't experience the KK Enternainers era but so glad I got to experience the SBR days. Feel sorry for those who've been born since and have had not much but Pardew and Ashley misery to live in (until Rafa I guess)

Guest reefatoon

The KK era was an absolute delight to watch. Every home game you just knew you were going to win and play fantastic football to boot.  Absolutely loved everything about the matches back then, we were completely spoiled.

My most memorable goals from games I've been at would be:

Les Ferdinand pen at Everton in 95/96. Won 3-1. It was my first away game, I was 6, guy held me up so I could see it. Did not appreciate how good we were.

Nobby at Elland Road to make 4-3 in final minutes, in the snow. So class.

Dabizas at the mackems. I'd seen us play the mackems 6 times in a row with no win. I was in second row for this, beautiful.

Shearer's final goal, at the mackems. Crazy 6 minutes of 3 goals. This pen, just 2 mins after the equalizer, up at our end. I was soo nervous, I felt like I was going to be sick as he stepped up. If he missed, I'd have never gotten over it. But he scored, and the fact it turned out to be his last ever goal was just perfect.

Shearer second at Old Trafford in FAC semi. I was in the bouncy castlel.

Not at:

Bellamy at Feyernord.

Nobby's outside of the foot goal v Everton always gives me a semi.

Pretty sure Albert scored a better one in the 6-1 win over Wimbledon

The Albert chip will never be beaten for me - oh actually Cisse v Chelsea is now my fave  lol

The Albert chip will never be beaten for me - oh actually Cisse v Chelsea is now my fave  lol

And Ginola v Ferencvaros

I was sitting right behind that, then not right behind it, then right behind it again.

That goal was a thing of beauty.

:lol: There's just too many like

I love with the HBA Bolton goal the little chip he puts on the ball to get past the final defender

Aye the little lift of the ball is so subtle but brilliant.

I love the goal aswell, but looking from a defensive perspective you can see how he manages it. Turning the mighty Sam Rickets, before riding a challenge from midfield enforcer Mark Davies, then skipping past David "oil tanker" Wheater.

I love with the HBA Bolton goal the little chip he puts on the ball to get past the final defender

I love the goal aswell, but looking from a defensive perspective you can see how he manages it. Turning the mighty Sam Rickets, before riding a challenge from midfield enforcer Mark Davies, then skipping past David "oil tanker" Wheater.

Alright Pards  :lol:

There's a David Kelly goal that I have never been able to find online.

It was away to Brighton, I think under Ossie Ardiles. Score was 2-2 I think.

I just remember loving the way that he headed it in. Cross from the right and headed back across goal into the far corner.

David Kelly was a brilliant header of the ball.

Alright Pards  :lol:

It's still mightily impressive Bimp :lol:

Guest covmag

so many to choose from  :love:

Beardsley v Brighton was my joint favourite with

Philipe Albeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrttttttt    5-0  O0

The most ive celebrated was Rob Lee at Wembley,fell down about 15 rows pissed as a fanny

I have no idea who it was against or anything but there's a beautiful Beardsley one where he dives into a tackle on the edge of the box and drags the ball round as he's getting up then casually dinks it over the keeper.

No fancy footwork, no dropping the shoulder, putting half the defence on their arse or rounding the keeper. Just the determination to be hounding the defence right back into their own area, the presence of mind to know how to get back to his feet while protecting the ball and then the perfectly weighted chip.

Something about that goal always makes me go back and watch it every now and again.

Got an inkling that's from his first spell. I can picture the goal you mean perfectly but have absolutely no idea who it was against or when.

Brighton 83-84. Lobbed Joe Corrigan, who was unofficially recognised as the tallest man in the world, at the time.

• 4 years later...

Some recency bias but that Tiote goal man. Had so much going for it.

Crowd yelling shoooooot like they always do at inexplicable times. Volley from outside the box. Coming back from 4 down. Harpers peoples elbow [emoji38]

Never been so happy to get a draw.