joeyt

On 17/04/2022 at 10:16, Holloway said:

Supermac v Leicester (no tv)

King Kev's debut 

The Beardsley Chip 

Big Al v Everton 

Hatem v Bolton

No doubt for me. 

just had to be lucky enough to be there.

Second would be David Kelly against Portsmouth because of the sheer importance of the occasion. 😉

Edited by ennyoueffsea

An obscure one I suppose, and not exactly my favourite, but after a fucking awful summer in 2009, shola scoring a well worked third against Sheffield Wednesday. I specifically remember a woman lifting her kid up in the front row to celebrate. It was such a wholesome image and the whole mood seemed to have lifted as we realised it might be a piss easy league after all. 

9 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

An obscure one I suppose, and not exactly my favourite, but after a fucking awful summer in 2009, shola scoring a well worked third against Sheffield Wednesday. I specifically remember a woman lifting her kid up in the front row to celebrate. It was such a wholesome image and the whole mood seemed to have lifted as we realised it might be a piss easy league after all. 

Reading was 3-0 with Shola hat trick.

Sheff Wed was 1-0.

There have definitely been better goals but Carroll's third against Villa when we beat them 6-0 was special for me.

My first game as a season ticket holder, glorious day, hammer the team that sent us down two seasons prior, Geordie lad wearing #9 bagging a hattrick. Perfect.

18 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Reading was 3-0 with Shola hat trick.

Sheff Wed was 1-0.

I distinctly remember watching the reading game on holiday - I'd been pretty nervous about our chances that season & I think Rodgers was in charge of Reading, they were being talked up as promotion candidates. Shola scored three & at that moment I decided we were going to absolutely piss the Championship. 

Edited by Keegans Export

O'Brien #1 at the mackems is under-rated. Coming out of the midfield minefield of a derby in those days to measure that sublime chip so precisely was so out of context.

Hottiger's pre-Roberto Carlos Roberto Carlos at Blackburn in the cup is up there too, hated them for whatever reason at the time so was like my derby. Also let out an orgasmic eek when Clark cocked to score the winner - so you'd have to consider that a favourite

The ones I’ve been present for - mostly for memories more than anything.

Rob Lee vs Chelsea at Wembley

Shearer vs Villa side foot

Robert double vs Spurs at home

Dabizas vs Mackems at SOL

Goals on TV

Bellamy vs Feyenoord

Martins vs Spurs

Ben Arfa vs Bolton

6 hours ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Most of my own personal favorites already mentioned but a slightly obscure one sticks in my head. Mad game against Chelsea in 87/88 that we won 3-1 and Chelsea missed 2 penalties but most memorably, Gazza scoring one at the Gallowgate end. Time can play tricks on the memory and i've not seen it since but I recall him slaloming past 3 defenders in about 10 feet of space and hammering it into the top corner.

Edit to add - Gazza scored quite a few pearlers that year, especially in a decent cup run, was probably that which convinced Spurs to buy him summer 88

Gary Kelly saved two pens.

Hatem vs Bolton because he was my favourite player, I was there to see it, and it was just ridiculously good. Cisse’s second against Chelsea as I was in Sammy Jack’s with about 500 other people and the whole place went mental to an extent I’ve not seen since. 

Goals that I’ve witnessed inside St James Park (Live)

Beardsley V Norwich (he was close to the touch line) …ridiculous angle 

Robert x 2 v Spurs 

Alex Mathie V Sheff Wednesday 

Batty V Wimbledon (close to 40 yards)

Mark Mghee V Bradford (solo goal)

Tiote V Arsenal