Your favourite ever Newcastle United goal

joeyt

Guest HTT II
1 hour ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

This one doesn’t get the recognition it deserves- overshadowed by the screamer vs Everton (same season)

but the technique on this is remarkable 

Insane goal, he meant that 100%, no one in the box, Shearer’s technique full stop was underrated, that’s a very very difficult strike to make and he made it look fucking easy!

Guest HTT II
17 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

The touches aren't bad either.

One of the most two footed players I think I’ve ever seen. Sublime goal!

I'm going to mention Diame against Brighton with genuine seriousness too. It's an all-time classic for the now-defunct DVD compilations. Utterly, utterly absurd and will still get talked about in 10 years' time. They were the better team up until that point, but I feel like such a fluke goal out of nothing really galvanised us to go on and win.

It was such a massive week beating both them and Huddersfield away.

1. Robert's incomprehensible scorpion kick against Fulham. All time favourite player.

2. HBA against Everton. Made me so excited for times ahead. God how wrong was I.

3. Cisse against Chelsea. I made sounds on that occasion I will never be able to replicate.

• 1 month later...

Shearers volley against Everton was fantastic. Also like Emres freekick in off the post against the Mackems as it gave us the win and that was my first and only time (so far) at St. James' Park  :love:

Hard to answer, we’ve had some unreal goals but in the most recent time for me - has to be Trip’s free kick v Everton or Bruno’s winner against Leicester has had an unreal impact on me - just those two moments and the crowd, felt like — wow, this really is the start of something. 

3 minutes ago, healthyaddiction said:

Wasn't this about a week after the exact same keeper was lobbed by Beckham from the half way line?

Few days later, my nana died on the day of the first goal, the funeral was on the day of the second 

Ryan Taylor vs Everton, was sitting behind it. Solano vs Everton, was sitting down the line of it, outside of. the boot. Ben Arfa right foot vs Villa... fucking right foot.

• 2 months later...

Macdonald v Leicester (doubt I’ll ever see a better goal)

Macdonald cup semi final from Hibbits through ball …goosebumps every time I see it

Beardsley v Brighton - pure class

Kelly v Portsmouth 

Shearer v Everton. 
So many more witnessed, which a lot seem to have been mentioned on this thread. Just so many great goals home and away and mental celebrations which I’ll never forget, and many more to come. Bruno against Leicester, for the whole feel in St James’ 

When I think of favorite goals the Emre Reading one always immediately springs to mind. What a great fucking match. And one of the first incredible goals after I properly started supporting Newcastle. 

The one that got me, literally, out of bed though was Tiote Arsenal. What an incredible moment. 

Could've answered differently last time this thread was on the go, but I think probably Dabizas at the mackems. The age I was at the time (12) we'd only beaten the mackems once in my memory and it was the game at Roker with no away fans. I'd been to all the other ones since then home and away and was absolutely desperate for us to win at the Stadium of Light, those trips then were so special, especially as they'd been in a different division a of that period. For that game I was in the second row right behind the goal he put it in. Things just went mental man, on and off the pitch, it was so glorious. Add to that it was actually an important game as we chased Champions League football - or maybe even a sneaky go at the title still at that stage of the season.

Edited by Inferior Acuña

On 20/04/2022 at 07:10, Mahoneys Tache said:

This one doesn’t get the recognition it deserves- overshadowed by the screamer vs Everton (same season)

but the technique on this is remarkable 

Warren Barton (I think) recently pointed out that you can hear Shearer call for it from Lee - at about 5/6 seconds you hear a shout, which is Shearer calling Lee by his nickname (I forget what it was, I hadn't heard of it before Barton mentioned. Scooty or something?)