Your favourite ever Newcastle United goal

joeyt

1 minute ago, Guybrush said:

Some recency bias but that Tiote goal man. Had so much going for it.

Crowd yelling shoooooot like they always do at inexplicable times. Volley from outside the box. Coming back from 4 down. Harpers peoples elbow [emoji38]

Never been so happy to get a draw.

We'd have won if we had another 5 mins. Think Ranger had a good chance and we were all over them

20 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

That Ginola goal vs Ferencvaros is the best for me. The skill, technique and volley was amazing.

I think this one is mine, too. I was at the game and in the toilets when he scored. Seen a replay on one of the TVs on the way back to my seat but pretended to my dad that I'd seen it properly.

12 minutes ago, Holloway said:

Supermac v Leicester (no tv)

King Kev's debut 

The Beardsley Chip 

Big Al v Everton 

Hatem v Bolton

That one really had me out of my seat.

I was in a pub and let out such a yell that it frightened a little girl. I had to go over and apologise.

Ginola's vs Man United for me I think.

A big part of it was the context. It was obviously the season after we'd lost the title and we hadn't been able to beat them in previous matches we'd completely dominated. Then lost 4-0 in the charity shield after signing Shearer.

Peacock's goal was barely over the line, so when Ginola - my favourite player, who himself had struggled with form for about 6 months - smashed that one in past the previously impenetrable Schmeichel it wasn't just a class goal that you could happily watch over and over again, it was a goal that came with a wave of relief and release of frustration for me.

18 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Ginola's vs Man United for me I think.

A big part of it was the context. It was obviously the season after we'd lost the title and we hadn't been able to beat them in previous matches we'd completely dominated. Then lost 4-0 in the charity shield after signing Shearer.

Peacock's goal was barely over the line, so when Ginola - my favourite player, who himself had struggled with form for about 6 months - smashed that one in past the previously impenetrable Schmeichel it wasn't just a class goal that you could happily watch over and over again, it was a goal that came with a wave of relief and release of frustration for me.

Albert's chip from the same game for me, for all of the reasons in KI's post, but at 5 we were really rubbing the bastards' noses in it

Honourable mentions to :

- Cisse second at Chelsea

- Tino third vs Barca when time just seemed stand still

- Ryan Taylor over the wall for sending an away end ballistic

- David Kelly vs Portsmouth for sending SJP ballistic

- Rob Lee at Wembley

- Pretty much any goal scored by Robert or Beardsley

Another favourite of mine on a more personal level was Robert's goal at Highbury to take us to top spot. I was living about a 15 minute walk to the ground at the time,and had a ticket in the home end. We hadn't won in London for something ridiculous like 30 attempts and I just fancied us strongly, stuck a fiver on 3-1 and got 100/1 for it . It came in with about 10 minutes left and I couldn't celebrate it other than a huge grin on my chops. Glorious

That Arsenal game certainly up there with my favourite game. Robert getting taken out for the 2nd goal and then a similar move he rounds the keeper for the 3rd

Commentator talking about SBR doing a jig of delight on the touchline too. Great stuff

3 minutes ago, joeyt said:

That Arsenal game certainly up there with my favourite game. Robert getting taken out for the 2nd goal and then a similar move he rounds the keeper for the 3rd

Commentator talking about SBR doing a jig of delight on the touchline too. Great stuff

Yeah it was a magical night. The game had another notable moment too, Henri doing a bit of juggling on the byeline then an overhead kick to set up a goal for them,Maradonaesque

Supermac v Leicester (best goal ever)

Beardsley walking it in against Portsmouth

Paul Cannell scoring from "impossible" angle at Leeds

Daveeds volley against Ferencvaros

Keeley's own goal at Middlesbrough (sometimes you've just got to laugh)

Either

Tino's hat-trick goal against Barcelona - knew it was going in soon as it left Gillespie's boot, great view of it, floated up in happiness rather than going mad. Kelly at Grimsby. Wasn't there but just hearing Mick Lowes "Kelly can he stay on his feet?!?.... KELLLYYY" - first time I'd cried tears of joy with this club and still brings a tear to the eye.

McGhee's winner in the 5-4 v Leicester coming from 2-4 down. First time the club sent me into ecstacy.

Edited by Wolfcastle