Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

I'd sort of like to see Graeme Jones take over there.  Purely for the fewm of course, but they probably could afford him unlike some of the other names being mentioned that would look at their contract offer then laugh.

2 minutes ago, Haz said:

SSN reporting Defoe completing paperwork now. 

Oh this isn't going to end well.....

For them...

For us. Mild amusement as we hear random facebook stories about playoff chances disappearing as we don't even generally bother looking at league 1 scores

They basically gave up after seeing other teams' games in hand when in past season, they had the games in hand.

Defoe as a player will still get goals for them. That league is pure shit. Defoe as a manager? Errr. Sometime it works, sometime it doesn't. We gave Roeder a chance and he was successful in the beginning. And also Hughton too. But we also gave Shearer his first job, turned out to be his only one.

Edited by nufcjb

Defoe signing and Lennon managing would be pretty impressive for them in my opinion. Although 39, surely he'd get some goals in that awful league and offer vital experience for the remainder of the season.

I'm out of touch with Lennon like because I don't like him and couldn't give a fuck but it's an interesting situation they're in after a daft decision to sack their manager. 

Lennon would do, saves any confliction when they appoint someone that's a loathsome b*stard to begin with like Keane and Big Sam.

As Midds has suggested maybe the owners should stop doing what the fans want them to do (sack a manager soon as they turn on them in a knee-jerk infantile manner) and observe the mess doing that has got them in.

Edited by Wolfcastle

39 years old and has played nine minutes of football this season, I read on RTG. It's a canny gamble like. Totally understand their wish for a feelgood appointment of course, but it feels more than a bit desperate

Is Will Grigg no longer on fire? Have to wonder about them having him out on loan at their most obvious block to promotion anyway

Edited by OpenC

3 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Defoe was fucking mint for them tbf. Wouldn't surprise me if he could still kick it in L1 solely as a poacher. 

Can't imagine he's starting games, but as a baseball style closer he'll do fine.

They are wanking themselves silly over signing a 39 year old who last played for them years ago and has barely played all season if at all :lol:

Fucking hell, on SSN the dim witted presenter is saying he’s surprised Defoe isn’t getting snapped up by a Championship or PL club, I’d fucking love it if Sky went bust/lost the PL rights forever. 

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

Fucking hell, on SSN the dim witted presenter is saying he’s surprised Defoe isn’t getting snapped up by a Championship or PL club, I’d fucking love it if Sky went bust/lost the PL rights forever. 

They are filling in time man [emoji38]

2 hours ago, OpenC said:

39 years old and has played nine minutes of football this season, I read on RTG. It's a canny gamble like. Totally understand their wish for a feelgood appointment of course, but it feels more than a bit desperate

Is Will Grigg no longer on fire? Have to wonder about them having him out on loan at their most obvious block to promotion anyway

Just had a gander and looks like Rotherham use him as a backup anyway.