Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

Yeah, fair point on the Sir Les comparison.

Still, rather worship Sir Les's 50 in 84 leading us to the Champions League, as apposed to Defoe's 34 in 87 keeping them in the league twice and being on their relegated team.

Just noticed, since he left them in 2017, he has scored 29 goals in 82 games, the vast majority of which were in a league roughly the same standard as League 1.

Edited by Karjala

Legend seems a stretch given he spent just a couple of years there at an unremarkable time - but understand why they've got a special place for him, he did well (how many times have they had a striker score 15 PL goals in two separate seasons??), but think the Bradley Lowery stuff is a huge part of it. It's not that common for a player to come along from outside the region and both be key on the pitch and actively getting involved in the community in that way - and fair play to him.

13 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

His connection with Bradley Lowery was something special tbh.

I agree. What Defoe did to help Bradley and his family was very special indeed. A proper nice bloke with a heart of gold.

No wonder the mackems adore him. 

On the pitch he's a natural goalscorer, one of the best  the Premier League has seen for me.

He'll give them a lift for sure, will it be enough to get them out of the 3rd division ?  I hope not. 

So we completed two deals, had a few ongoing all afternoon and around half a dozen outgoings, but they think Sky should've ditched all that to cover them signing a semi retired centre forward in his 40s in the third division just before midnight? [emoji38]

Sunderland representative Wee Phillie, an uber nonce nightmare of a marra forged in the white hot hatred of all things Newcastle. 

Got to give the Saudis so much credit for saving 1000’s of jobs in Teesside and reigniting the FTM industry in Wearside.

Truly a friend and champion of the North East. 

Edited by JeffJ

4 hours ago, JeffJ said:

Sunderland representative Wee Phillie, an uber nonce nightmare of a marra forged in the white hot hatred of all things Newcastle. 

Got to give the Saudis so much credit for saving 1000’s of jobs in Teesside and reigniting the FTM industry in Wearside.

Truly a friend and champion of the North East. 

Yet he hates Newcastle so much he was and possibly still is spending every Saturday night as a DJ in cosy joes. Haven't been for a while. I'm getting on you know.

6 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Guessing they play with a big man alongside him? Doubt they’ll be able to play a pressing game with him? As long as he’s not expected to defend and just hover anywhere within 20 yards of goal, he’ll score.

They have the Loch Ness Drogba

I said when Boro sacked him that he wouldn't want to retire on a negative and that he'd come in somewhere for the last part of the season. I was expecting a relegation survival mission though not trying to get Sunlun automatic promotion.

He's the best bet they'll have of getting into that top 2.

3 hours ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Brexit Colin fancies the gig. A match made in a proper, none-of-them-shit-religions heaven.

Jesus, if anyone could look like Sunderland, it's him.