Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

15 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

"Your a massive club compared to Wigan, once you get some momentum behind you lot it will be hard to stop you"

Sure [emoji38]

Honest man, why do they do it the utter weirdos!:facepalm:[emoji38]

1 hour ago, midds said:

It's amazing how Dan Neil is suddenly worth £30m because they've allocated that price to him. He's worth what someone is prepared to pay for him. And I don't think that amount is £30m :lol: :lol:

We've bid £30m on a lot of players tbf, so I don't think that figure is random. It's probably a coping mechanism.

The way they pine for former players and managers to come back is so cringeworthy. Especially when the player/manager in question were utter shite.

Prime example, Roy Keane. If I remotely cared I could easily find stuff from that cesspit of a board demanding for Keane to be sacked when he was there, the way they’re wanting Johnson fired now. 

Fucking idiots. :lol: 

I imagine all the people saying "but you're third" must really frustrate the mackems when they spout off about how shit Johnson is.

Exactly the same way they go on about Ashley, funnily enough. Fuck the lot of them, I hope the used car salesman steers them to 6th place and a hammering at Wembo yet again.

"The way some fans went on at half time on the concourse didnt shine the best light either. 2 smoke bombs set off, fire alarms going off. Partying like we had won the league swinging from the rafters not getting humped off relegation fodder, the football is an afterthought to a fair few."

You'd think they never get out of Pennywell the tramps :lol:

Be sure to read more fascinating insights here

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/today’s-trouble-at-the-match.1570465/

Edited by LionOfGosforth
link missing

8 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

"The way some fans went on at half time on the concourse didnt shine the best light either. 2 smoke bombs set off, fire alarms going off. Partying like we had won the league swinging from the rafters not getting humped off relegation fodder, the football is an afterthought to a fair few."

just sounds fucking awful.

mate and her family went down this afternoon and said it was frightening, especially on the concourses. flares going off inside and all sorts.

we've got our share of coke-heads and i hope it never descends to this kind of behaviour.

21 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Sadly indicative of the majority of large (5k+) away followings these days. Obviously probably massively exacerbated by the fact they were so shite on the pitch, but we’ve seen this type of behaviour in similar at places like Wigan. 

Guess if it’s easy to get a ticket and a relatively short travel, you’re gonna get your share that are just there for the drink (and the rest) and the match is little more than an excuse.

1 minute ago, SteV said:

Sadly indicative of the majority of large (5k+) away followings these days. Obviously probably massively exacerbated by the fact they were so shite on the pitch, but we’ve seen this type of behaviour in similar at places like Wigan. 

Guess if it’s easy to get a ticket and a relatively short travel, you’re gonna get your share that are just there for the drink (and the rest) and the match is little more than an excuse.

Wasn’t all that long ago a group of our idiots trashed an amateur match and ruined the pitch and equipment.

16 minutes ago, huss9 said:

just sounds fucking awful.

mate and her family went down this afternoon and said it was frightening, especially on the concourses. flares going off inside and all sorts.

we've got our share of coke-heads and i hope it never descends to this kind of behaviour.

It’s not even restricted to away games anymore.  There were a group of lads walking in front of me, my dad and my young lad up to the Watford game (behind Chinatown) openly doing gear.

Not to sound like a prick, but this kind of stuff is far less prevalent when tickets are harder to come by.

At Leeds last week, where tickets were obviously really sought after, despite a (almost) standard allocation, the whole day was just a really, really good experience (apart from the shambles getting in to the ground and moving about at ht, but little blame for that belonged to fans IMO). 

I think it’s becoming obvious that tickets are going to become harder to come by in future, so although that is shite for a lot of people, it might mean we see a reduction in ‘loutish’ instances amongst our away following. 

Aye. This is probably a subject for another thread but I think it's the case with most clubs that always take good away followings, us, Leeds, the two Manchester clubs, Everton, et cetera. Younger fans aged between like 15 and 23/24 that tend to jump onto large allocations for games away from home or games that go to 0 points are where you tend to find them and to them following your team away from home is about getting absolutely mortal drunk, doing gear, winding opposition fans up, smashing up concourses, chucking beer around and just being a general twat. Not blaming all of or just that age group but I'm still in that bracket of age and it's what I mainly see.

Following your team home or away for me is just backing the lads to the hilt and enjoying the craic with who you go to the games with over a few pints before and after. Not that shit.

While obviously smirking quite a bit looking at the clips of that own goal, they as a club have mostly disappeared from my thoughts, before reading a few comments earlier I didn’t know who their manager was, couldn’t name any of their players and although was aware they were taken over by a kid recently, I can’t remember his name or what he does.

As amusing as that decline is looking from our side of the fence, it’s scary too, that easily could have been us.. Mike Ashley’s luck had run out here and we were going to have a relegation that we didn’t come back from straight away.

We could of course still be relegated but I’d be confident we’d bounce back now if that worse case scenario took place 

Edited by Dr Jinx

5 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Aye. This is probably a subject for another thread but I think it's the case with most clubs that always take good away followings, us, Leeds, the two Manchester clubs, Everton, et cetera. Younger fans aged between like 15 and 23/24 that tend to jump onto large allocations for games away from home or games that go to 0 points are where you tend to find them and to them following your team away from home is about getting absolutely mortal drunk, doing gear, winding opposition fans up, smashing up concourses, chucking beer around and just being a general twat. Not blaming all of or just that age group but I'm still in that bracket of age and it's what I mainly see.

Following your team home or away for me is just backing the lads to the hilt and enjoying the craic with who you go to the games with over a few pints before and after. Not that shit.

100%. 

Someone find an appropriate thread cos I’m loathe to go full RTG and start up ‘Our Fans’…