Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

30 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Alex Neil would be a very good appointment for them.

It would, but only on the provision they give him time. 

This is always their issue. They get a new man in, he's the savior, he might start well, suffer a dip then it's time to chop and change. I understood them doing that when they were in the Premier League and fighting relegation, but they've wasted 5 years in this league by asking each new manager to make chicken salad out of the chicken shit squad he inherited. I wouldn't even bother evaluating him between now and June. Let him figure out the squad and what needs to change. 

5 hours ago, JeffJ said:

‘Took Preston from 7th under Simon f***ing Grayson to 16th. 

Another superb manager. Takes a special talent to make Grayson look good’

You've got to credit thier regime for hiring nothing but managers that have made Grayson look good since they sacked Grayson

*just a reminder, unlike Ashley, they aren't trying to be this bad

4 minutes ago, Thiago said:

It would, but only on the provision they give him time. 

This is always their issue. They get a new man in, he's the savior, he might start well, suffer a dip then it's time to chop and change. I understood them doing that when they were in the Premier League and fighting relegation, but they've wasted 5 years in this league by asking each new manager to make chicken salad out of the chicken shit squad he inherited. I wouldn't even bother evaluating him between now and June. Let him figure out the squad and what needs to change. 

Thats it, basically. Their managers tend to get an average of 13months in the job before they are hounded out becasue they aren't top of and walking the leygue. Classic boom and bust with the fans, every time.

11 'permanent' managers in the 11 years since Bruce was peddled is unreal!

43 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Incidentally Keegan beat Keane in his second stint here (the 2-0 Owen one) 

Keegan won every derby game he was ever involved with.

Beat Boro every time he played them too bar one league cup game.

What a bloke.

That Alex Neil looks a decent choice for them but it won’t matter because so many of them will be on his back so fast as soon as they hit a bad spell 

‘it shoulda been sewper hard keeno marra’ 

Edited by Nine

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

I could see Henderson going back there at the tail end of his career like, strikes me as the kind of guy who’d love to help his club out but it won’t be happening while they’re in league one 

He helps out financially with the Academy and has done coaching there in his free time, but he’s destined for a coaching role at LFC!

5 minutes ago, loki679 said:

Think they'll hound him out when they don't get promoted this season or wait until Novemberish?

Or if he supports BLM, could be at the weekend 

Imagine if he took the knee, there'd be segregation of the food area and toilets in protest

3 hours ago, Interpolic said:

This is another reason why your mate Pardew was such a disaster at NUFC, their PL-era record against us was laughable before he got involved. 

I’ll never, ever forgive him for that. The 0-3 was the last match I went to with my Granda.