Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

@Scottwilsonecho

Some key early points from Stewart Donald - he's agreed to pay £40m to buy #SAFC, and it's all his money. No other investors involved at the moment. He will have to pay around £25m of outstanding transfer funds this summer.

5:19 pm · 21 May 2018

Short said in his statement this was the best of several offers for the future of the club (and presumably himself). Makes you wonder what the other offers were. They’re basically gambling on hitting the ground running and convincing others to get on board once their own money runs out (which won’t take long). I can’t imagine any bank or lender giving them a loan so without another major investor inside a year or two they could be in real trouble.

This ‘we start again’ thing is a load of bollocks as well. They’re currently losing massive amounts of money on a weekly basis, the debt being removed will not suddenly result in them being in the black given their ludicrous running costs. It’s hardly inspiring that he’s had to secure the clubs purchase either against their main source of income.

@Scottwilsonecho

Some key early points from Stewart Donald - he's agreed to pay £40m to buy #SAFC, and it's all his money. No other investors involved at the moment. He will have to pay around £25m of outstanding transfer funds this summer.

There's a hell of a distinction between 'his money' and 'money he had raised'.

Does he really have £40m?

@Scottwilsonecho

There's a hell of a distinction between 'his money' and 'money he had raised'.

Does he really have £40m?

Think I read that he's paying it in instalments

All this seems very much like the Craig Whyte debacle at Rangers. He bought the club with a Loan off ticketus which was basically a mortgage on future season tickets. We all know how that turned out?

Nothing in that to impress or excite any rational football supporter. But this is Sunderland of course and they are so desperate to be loved they will fall for anyone who says a few nice things about them.

There's also a current logic amongst some of them that because they will have the league's biggest turnover they will win it, but wouldn't that have put them at the top end of the Championship rather than finishing rock bottom ?

Guest Howaythetoon

Absolutely guarantee this bloke is a chancer and this will go tits up

My thoughts too.

Coleman would get them promoted, mind. Hope Ipswich come in for him and the mackems have to scrape around.

I have my doubts that he would. Wales apart (which let’s be honest Gary Speed laid the foundations)  he’s been a horrendous manager

Coleman would get them promoted, mind. Hope Ipswich come in for him and the mackems have to scrape around.

I don't see any evidence in his history of management to suggest he would. Would be fantastic to see him return, great financially for him too, got a big pay off no doubt, now gets the chance to return perhaps on a better deal, as he holds most of the cards :)

They all seem very happy with this takeover when he has bought them on Chucky, he's got no cash and will lose shit loads over this  season. It doesn't add up given the amount they will lose year on year

Guest covmag

the finances don't bother me, they are all expecting promotion next season.

that alone will make it funny if they suddenly get off to a bad start.

:naughty: :naughty: