Watford 2-1 Newcastle United - 05/05/18 - post match reaction from page 13

Greg

Absolutely abysmal. Players deserve fining for these type of performances. Really thought shelvey could sneak on the plane for the summer obviously not anymore. He like the team gave up the minute we were safe.

That was poor from Dubravka tbh..

Massively, he was never getting that cross. Left the goal wide open

If he stays he's not going to stop it either, the guy has a free header from 3 yards out ! Not much he could do with the defenders not marking and not preventing the cross.

Kenedy has 2 goals (both in the same game) and 2 assists in a bit under half a season for us. Is that worth the hype some people have given him? I'd want NUFC to buy him but talk of £25m+ seems a lot based on his record.

I'd say go by your eyes rather than stats in less than half a season tbh. He's our best wide player by some distance in my opinion so yes I'd say he is worth the hype and worth us trying hard to get here permanently.

If he stays he's not going to stop it either, the guy has a free header from 3 yards out ! Not much he could do with the defenders not marking and not preventing the cross.

That's not really the mistake. His positioning was all wrong, too close to his near post. If he was in the correct position he gets it if he comes for it.

We've been back to the sloppiness we were showing earlier in the season like. Just terrible on the ball.

Yep. Basically so. Watford classically fuck us up every year ffs.

Guest Howaythetoon

I don’t know how I feel about the way we are ending the season tbh, maybe it’s a good thing as this squad of players have overachieved this season or done the max they could and what we are seeing is the real us. Major investment has always been needed, more so now. I can see a few leaving or being peddled next season, Rafa or no Rafa. Who comes in and at what cost... that’s the key.

That's not really the mistake. His positioning was all wrong, too close to his near post. If he was in the correct position he gets it if he comes for it.

Not so sure, his shite defence were far more to blame though.