Ki Sung-gone

Guest ManDoon

Happy with this signing, good player for the squad and a captain of his country’s team. Probably a good leader to have around the dressing room too. Nice piece of work and encouraged by the general positive takes on here about this signing.

Happy with this signing, good player for the squad and a captain of his country’s team. Probably a good leader to have around the dressing room too. Nice piece of work and encouraged by the general positive takes on here about this signing.

I haven't seen enough of him, so I'm going off what people are saying here. Sounds like a shrewd bit of business. There is certainly no reason to be unhappy with this signing. Looking forward to seeing him.

To be honest I don't particularly care if every signing is a free transfer, as long as they improve us overall.

I know we're tight as f***, but at the same time i cant see Rafa wanting to go in to the new season with only 3 CM. Maybe we're after Sturaro as well, maybe, maybe not.

I presume you think Hayden will be let go?

Dont think Rafa wants (ideally) him as 3/4th choice tbh. Doubt he minds him staying but i think if get a decent offer then yes, he might let him go.

There should be a queue of championship clubs after Hayden, if indeed Ki is a replacement for Hayden.

Quite surprised that Hayden hasn't been linked with other championship clubs, would be ideal for a club like West Brom or Stoke

But I guess as we have learned with the Ki deal,  there are signings in and out that the media aren't aware off

Not sure if I’m reading too much into it, but i got a bit wound up when in his interview he was asked if he was looking forwards to getting stuck in straight away and he basically said “nah, going on my hols, won’t be 100% for the first game like but close enough”

Still think he’s a great signing for nowt mind.

He hasn’t had much of a break since the start of last season tbf.

From what I have seen, he's a comfortable mid table premiership player, which considering where we are at right now, that's only a good thing.

Hopefully, there are a couple more exciting signings further down line.

Given how hard he works for Korea on the pitch I'm interested to see what Rafa makes of him. As far as I know he's never played for a manager close to the caliber of Rafa. I think he could turn out better than we expect.

That's what's gone through my mind as well. Rafa generally buys players who can work well for his system, could well see a player like Ki looking a lot more effective in one of his formations.

Well Rafa turned Diame into Viera, so he's got a chance of making a decent player out of Ki.

That was Lascelles imo.  Need him to lamp Ki on his first day at training to turn him into a Korean Xavi.

Looked good a few years back but seems to have lost all form. If Rafa can get him back to his best (a la Diame) then he could be an inspired signing. Looks like he'd be more suited to a midfield 3 - not sure I'd want him in a 2 with Shelvey because he's pretty slow. He has talent, bags of PL experience to bring to a young squad and has been a captain for Korea. A small risk and could be shrewd business considering our usual pathetic transfer budget.

Decent signing for a free, always looked pretty decent when Ive seen him (not often mind). I'm sure with the right players around him and with Rafa guiding him we can see the best from him.

Sad that it probably means Merino is off, although it does seem like he never really settled if reports of him asking to leave in Jan are true. He's going to be some player in the next few years, sad that we're probably not gonna get to see his progression though.

It's worth noting for those who think he can't be played with Shelvey that he has before and 12 months ago Diame was seen as lacking the defensive ability to play with Shelvey as well.

I think he'll be fine. It's a shame Merino has to go really as I think he could play with him as well. I'd rather see the back of Hayden but I suppose Isaac won't make a fuss about being 4th choice like Merino would.

Thanks for making me click on a chronicle link. Dickhead.

Sorry dude. No offence etc.

what the fuck was i drinking yesterday, i think that was supposed to be a jovial aside about how bad the chronicle website is as per usual but didn't read that at all :/

Thanks for making me click on a chronicle link. Dickhead.

Sorry dude. No offence etc.

what the fuck was i drinking yesterday, i think that was supposed to be a jovial aside about how bad the chronicle website is as per usual but didn't read that at all :/

You always know things are going well when you end up quoting yourself twice. :lol: