Ki Sung-gone

Guest ManDoon

Not seen much of him from what I can remember. Going by what they are saying on RTG makes me feel positive about this though considering that they actually seem to think it's a good signing :lol: Sounds like a solid addition to the squad from what I've read.

Oldtype, from your detailed description above it sounds like he could be someone to rotate with Shelvey perhaps?

Felt we missed a similar player to Shelvey when he was unavailable last season.

Could that be his role maybe?

As an Aussie Korean who has been following Newcastle since the mid 90s, this is a dream come true. My favorite Korean player playing for Newcastle. I have followed ki throughout his career and I could write an essay. But I just need an outlet to say I am so farken happy. I’m now living in korea and woke up due to a mosquito. I check the news and now this. I can’t get back to sleep. Also so happy that I will be able to watch all Newcastle games on tv...and be able to buy kits and other stuff without ordering it from overseas. this is just Unreal. korea beating Germany and now this...Christmas has come early!

Hahaha hahaha!

I love this. Awesome for you man.

The mosquito bit tickled me for some reason. Interesting way to get transfer updates :laugh:

Look how good Shelvey and Diame were this year. Hopefully he can get the most out of Ki as well who seems to be talented. Rafa is King! Gets so much out of his players.

(pls don't bring the Lascelles Diame up :lol: )

Random but pleasantly surprised. Guess this means Merino is off and we are going to shopping around the bargain basket.

Probably. Seems like smart business. No matter how little we plan to spend this will free up a coin or two for other players.

Random but pleasantly surprised. Guess this means Merino is off and we are going to shopping around the bargain basket.

Probably. Seems like smart business. No matter how little we plan to spend this will free up a coin or two for other players.

:thup: thought he’d already agreed move abroad given how little talk there’d been of him being out of contract.

Always like it when we sign a player from a country we’ve not had represent too.

Guest neesy111

It's not a bad signing, but doesn't get me excited at all.  I'm always wary of signing players from teams who have been around the relegation zone for a number of seasons.

As much as it is nice that out's of the blue i get the feeling it only is that way because it's a free transfer. Won't happen with anything else where significant money is involved.

Nah we signed quite a few players without any prior media speculation last season. It also shows papers & twitter are full of shit barring a tiny fraction of the time. I would not be surprised at all to see a few other signings come out of the blue.

Guest neesy111

As much as it is nice that out's of the blue i get the feeling it only is that way because it's a free transfer. Won't happen with anything else where significant money is involved.

Nah we signed quite a few players without any prior media speculation last season. It also shows papers & twitter are full of s*** barring a tiny fraction of the time. I would not be surprised at all to see a few other signings come out of the blue.

Not true, it was only joselu and manquillo that was out of the blue.

All the others were pretty much in the press for weeks before they happened.

Nah we signed quite a few players without any prior media speculation last season. It also shows papers & twitter are full of s*** barring a tiny fraction of the time. I would not be surprised at all to see a few other signings come out of the blue.

Not true, it was only joselu and manquillo that was out of the blue.

All the others were pretty much in the press for weeks before they happened.

Merino.

Guest neesy111

Is he the first Asian player to play for us?

Think he is the first Asian born to play for us.  However, chopra was of Asian descent.

The interviewer on NUFC TV says "You could be the first Korean to play for Newcastle". Does the interviewer think we've got another Korean lined up?

KI says he's good at dead ball delivery. Nice to have another option as at the moment it's only Shelvey or Ritchie.

As an Aussie Korean who has been following Newcastle since the mid 90s, this is a dream come true. My favorite Korean player playing for Newcastle. I have followed ki throughout his career and I could write an essay. But I just need an outlet to say I am so farken happy. I’m now living in korea and woke up due to a mosquito. I check the news and now this. I can’t get back to sleep. Also so happy that I will be able to watch all Newcastle games on tv...and be able to buy kits and other stuff without ordering it from overseas. this is just Unreal. korea beating Germany and now this...Christmas has come early!

Friendship cancelled with Oldtype, now eaststar is N-O's favourite Korean.