Round of 16 - SWE 1-0 SWI

STM

Can't believe Rebic didn't score though before he was fouled!! Absolute mental scenes.

Hard to bet against a team with a Schmeichel in goal!

I absolutely hate the go round the goalie bollocks man.

Had all the time it he world to just pick his spot and shoot.

Serves him right in a way. Faffing about.

What an absolute crock of shite.

:lol:

Can't believe Rebic didn't score though before he was fouled!! Absolute mental scenes.

Awful this, Kaka.

That pen /red card rule is shit, denied a guaranteed goal and he only gets booked

It's funny, I used to think this rule was a very good change, but terrible application today. Supposed to only apply to legit attempts to get the ball, not professional fouls I thought.

If Croatia go out then both teams knocked out today will have suffered defeats because of cheating. Croatia had an open goal replaced by a pen which was missed and Spain didn't get a penalty when they got stitched up by dodgy VAR application.

That pen /red card rule is s***, denied a guaranteed goal and he only gets booked

It's funny, I used to think this rule was a very good change, but terrible application today. Supposed to only apply to legit attempts to get the ball, not professional fouls I thought.

The bloke was about an inch away from a perfect tackle.

Was that a legal pen save? - he was way off his line before the ball was hit

Happens often I think. It's meant to be as the ball is struck the keeper can move, but oftentimes you see keepers move forward as the player takes his last few steps of the run up. Akinfeev done it just earlier today.

Awful this, Kaka.

Just my preference. Never liked it because there's a chance someone catches up.

He had enough time and room to pick a side and shoot or chip him or whatever.

Just me personal preference like I said. Don't like it.

That pen /red card rule is s***, denied a guaranteed goal and he only gets booked

Aye, in 1978

It would have been a pen even if he’d touched the ball wouldn't it? Slid in directly from behind, through the guy’s legs.

:llorente?: