Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

I look at him as a potential Darren Fletcher type for Man United. He probably not going to start for us regularly but will also probably get 20+ games, even moreso if we have ambitions of Europe. I also think he will get better as he gets older and more experienced. He seems like one of the key characters in the squad now too, which is strange because a year or so ago he seemed like one of the kids.

He's had his bumps in the road, let's hope Eddie can keep him on the straight and narrow. I reckon he would be a target for a lot of lower mid table PL clubs, if he were to be available to buy.

He can be our Henderson in a few years time. Keep head down and learn from Eddie. Set the standards of professionalism. And you can bring energy to a steamboat midfield of cultures Brazilians 

Giving him a new contract was a solid move. If he continues to improve and grow in confidence, he'll be a solid squad option, if not or he wants more game time down the road, we can move him on for a few quid.

2 minutes ago, Rocker said:

He doesn't hold back in the interview. Decent watch.

Does he let out his inner Shields? 'Here man, that Bruce blerk was a total cunt man. Fucking Doylem but Eddie's sound like so I'm stopping'.

51 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Someone ( @Disco?) posted stats and he was really effective closing down and pressing iirc

Aye, think it was ‘pressures’ of some jazz like that. There’s a capable squad PL midfielder in there for me even if it’s not with us. 

He's got weird mobility in that he covers an insane amount of the pitch and he's faster than he appears. Some of his passing is really good and when he does actually properly connect with a shot he's got a fucking cannon right foot. 

Love the idea of keeping a homegrown player and giving him a chance in a proper setup. Whether he makes or not I have no idea, but ideally he becomes a good squad player and plays more and more because we have Conference or Europe games.

A good move. He's been getting minutes and has improved his performances massively in a very short space of time. An easy decision really 

Dummett's new contract on the other hand just seemed unnecessary.

Eddie wants him to stay, that's good enough for me like. We've already seen how Eddie can improve players, he can't perform miracles but I've no doubt Sean will improve year on year now.

Edited by Bimpy474

16 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Passing stats are horrifying (as are most of his others outside of tackling), but he's looked notably better on the ball the past couple of games.

I don't think he's ever going to pull up any trees tbh, but he's a good solid player with a decent engine. He's probably worth the contract just as a squad player.

Sensible. Howe looks like he’s started the process of rewinding 2 seasons worth of Brucey bullshit out of the lad, he’ll be a decent, dependable option for us. Helps towards homegrown quota for them filthy European competitions we’ve spent 14 years trying to avoid.