Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

The longer the contract offer the lower the actual weekly wage would need to be. It would be a way to ensure we could sell him to a lower level club - probably next summer.

It's how any well ran club operates with FFP. You don't want to let players leave for nowt. Chelsea constantly sign up players that aren't good enough so they can get a fee for them.

Would defo keep him around for another season or two, we need some depth in midfield if we are going to stick with 433 and every squad needs players that won’t kick up if they aren’t playing every week. Reckon he’s a good lad around the dressing room in general.

3 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Is the 4 Academy products in a European squad a real life thing, or just FM?

To have a full 25 man squad in Europe aye - need to have 4 players trained for 3 years before 22 or something like that …

if you don’t have the home grown players you leave gaps in your squad

most teams have a 3rd choice home grown / English keeper to get around this 

Krul would count as home grown for us so would have a good person to have in as a number 3 

I understand that he is under some special training with Howe. Rafa brought the best out of him and maybe Howe can do the same. I'll be surprised if we bring in any more than a couple of players in the summer and I will be quite happy with that. The current squad under Eddie have proved good enough for a at least a top ten finish. Throwing millions at is very dangerous as we've seen at other clubs. There are lots of things to be done, new training ground etc and the club has to make money for the owners

1 minute ago, jackyboy said:

I understand that he is under some special training with Howe. Rafa brought the best out of him and maybe Howe can do the same. I'll be surprised if we bring in any more than a couple of players in the summer and I will be quite happy with that. The current squad under Eddie have proved good enough for a at least a top ten finish. Throwing millions at is very dangerous as we've seen at other clubs. There are lots of things to be done, new training ground etc and the club has to make money for the owners

Surprised if we sign more than a couple? Eh? I’m pretty sure the clubs ambitions are FAR greater than “at least a top ten finish”, and that’ll need more than two new players this summer. Throwing millions away on dross IS dangerous, as you’ve mentioned- however, looking at our signing policy in January, I’m pretty confident that wouldn’t occur with us on the whole (every team will get a bad transfer or two at some point). 

• 3 weeks later...

Really good performance tonight. Suffice to say, it's incredible what a decent manager does to him.

The guy has been robbed of decent coaching at a critical point in his career under the previous 'regime'

7 minutes ago, Disco said:

Back to his best and long may it continue. Well in lad.

I find it so weird we can have such different perspectives. In a match where everyone else played well I thought he was totally anonymous until the last twenty minutes, when he did play some good football. 

2 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Really good performance tonight. Suffice to say, it's incredible what a decent manager does to him.

The guy has been robbed of decent coaching at a critical point in his career under the previous 'regime'

Love to read it. 

5 minutes ago, Dr. TC said:

I find it so weird we can have such different perspectives. In a match where everyone else played well I thought he was totally anonymous until the last twenty minutes, when he did play some good football. 

I thought this as well to be honest. Lovely semi assist for the 2nd goal. Hopefully more to come from him, cause I rated him highly under Rafa. 

We all want to sign some world class midfielders, but if he can play like that he is good enough for the next two years at least. I've got faith Eddie can improve him even more, and it would be great to have a local lad in the team than finally wins something.