Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

Just now, sempuki said:

Linked with Leeds (if they get promoted) for £15m in the Sunday Mirror.

I would 100% sell for £15m even though he’s a very loyal player who would continue to do his best for us. As a squad player he would have utility but his main asset is being homegrown, that should never be the principal reason for keeping someone 

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

I would 100% sell for £15m even though he’s a very loyal player who would continue to do his best for us. As a squad player he would have utility but his main asset is being homegrown, that should never be the principal reason for keeping someone 

We can replace him with Joe White as the homegrown talent?

The midfield needs rebuilding - we will get Tonali and Big Joe back but we need another addition to solidify it - Ederson been linked for a while - that’s the profile we need - someone who plays all 3 midfield roles (I have seen him play loads as can vouch for this) - gives us all the tactical felexibility we need, power, pace, passing, pressing - the 4Ps

5 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

Apparently he's been playing through an injury and getting injections but I don't understand that he's been starting still while we have gotten some options back.

Willock has been out most the season, Anderson supposedly was barely ready to do 5-10 mins against Blackburn. So

guessing he hasn’t been an option from

the start? Miley seems to blowout after a half/55 mins. 

If he keeps starting after the international break and putting in such nothing performances. Then it would be a real head scratcher. 

2 hours ago, sempuki said:

Linked with Leeds (if they get promoted) for £15m in the Sunday Mirror.

Good move for everyone, not too far from home so Sean won't feel too homesick. Here's hoping Leeds get promoted.

3 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

He hasn't been great, but £15m in today's market is taking the piss. Add another £5m at least.

We had the chance to sell him once and got greedy, don't make the same mistake again. He's an average PL footballer 15m to 20m seems reasonable. You can replace what he does for a lot cheaper.

Yeah I'd expect us to squeeze more than £15m out of someone. Like him or not he's played 99% of Premier League games so he's worth more to us than that. 

If I was someone else, I don't think he's a good buy for £25m or higher. You could probably get one of the Blackburn midfielders that bossed him for that.

Prices are always a bit random but I don't think he can form part of a reliable PL midfield unless his colleagues are extremely fit and fast. And even then he will give the ball away because of his lack of technical quality, balance and agility. 

That said, I'm not against keeping him as a squad player as long as he doesn't start too much and the options around him are better.

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

33 minutes ago, Wallace said:

If we qualify for Europe, won’t we need to keep him to fulfil the homegrown criteria?

We can just forfeit a squad place if we dont hit criteria.

59 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

He hasn't been great, but £15m in today's market is taking the piss. Add another £5m at least.

We can always keep pricing players out of a move but eventually it will just end up meaning we have to sell our really valuable players instead. We had calls for £20m plus for Tripper, did anyone pay it? He'll be 34 this year so his value is dropping. Miggy can bring in £25m of Saudi cash right? Well if that somehow doesn't happen I guess we can always sell Bruno.

14 minutes ago, TRC said:

We can just forfeit a squad place if we dont hit criteria.

This is where Conf League or Europa would be great. We can pad the bench with u21s who we think might be the ones to make a step up and bring them on when we are comfortable in games to give them experience. More tricky in the champions league

Just now, Colos Short and Curlies said:

This is where Conf League or Europa would be great. We can pad the bench with u21s who we think might be the ones to make a step up and bring them on when we are comfortable in games to give them experience. More tricky in the champions league

Miley, Anderson should start every game in the Conf League next season.

2 hours ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Sell Longstaff

Promote Miley to the Longstaff squad role (as Longstaff should be now)

Promote White to the Miley role providing cover off the bench

White won’t even be needed next season. Just had unprecedented depletion in middle but we’ve got post a Longstaff sale:

Bruno/Tonali/Willock Joelinton/Miley/Anderson

More than enough and only need to go into market if Joelinton is moved on. Probably also a fair argument that if we wanted MGW again in summer because of a deal to be made, he can play CM too (whilst I expect he’d be the RW). 

21 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

White won’t even be needed next season. Just had unprecedented depletion in middle but we’ve got post a Longstaff sale:

Bruno/Tonali/Willock Joelinton/Miley/Anderson

More than enough and only need to go into market if Joelinton is moved on. Probably also a fair argument that if we wanted MGW again in summer because of a deal to be made, he can play CM too (whilst I expect he’d be the RW). 

you might not need to but I’d say we’d want to. It’s the perfect opportunity to give the next gen competitive minutes.

if we went through a conference league campaign playing Bruno for 90 minutes every game Howe would want shooting