Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

Just now, Lenny said:

His pass for the first goal was very assertive. 99% of the time a player in our shirt takes one touch too many before making the pass, and thus nullifying the chance.

He made a correct decision, whoop de doo.

He's a better cricketer than he is a footballer.

3 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

He made a correct decision, whoop de doo.

He's a better cricketer than he is a footballer.

You literally questioned his decision making in your post, hence me raising the point that his decision making was spot on at a critical time in the game.

He should be sacked off at the earliest opportunity based on his last few years with us, but there was nothing wrong with his decision making and positional play today, and he was better than "minimum level required".

Edited by Lenny

2 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Also well done for him for putting that interviewer in his place regarding Joelinton. Amusing comment at face value but actually extremely disrespectful and unprofessional comment to make.

Aye, I thought it was good because I enjoyed the honesty of it, not enough of that nowadays, but likewise Longstaff was excellent to basically say "We've got his back and he'll show you". Was good leadership and fantastic to see. 

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

Think people are being a bit harsh on the interviewer like[emoji38]

It was obviously meant as a compliment. Joelinton has widely been regarded as one of the worst players in the league so he was just expressing his suprise, like the rest of us, that he's actually fucking amazing.

Not really that much of a compliment, saying you're good now but you were shite, not sure an interviewer should be coming out with things like that. Plenty of players have turned things around and I don't recall an interviewer doing that 

I do think he was trying to be funny but it's shit craic really

2 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Not really that much of a compliment, saying you're good now but you were shite, not sure an interviewer should be coming out with things like that. Plenty of players have turned things around and I don't recall an interviewer doing that 

I do think he was trying to be funny but it's shit craic really

Joelinton has recieved nothing but grief for 2 years though. Bit harsh to pile on a journalist for making light of it, especially when the overall point of what he was saying was that he was good.

There was clearly no malace intended.

8 minutes ago, Kanji said:

I thought Longstaff played the pressing role perfectly tbh. 

Like he's clearly not the answer mid to long term but I thought he put a good shift in yesterday. Joelinton was obviously the stand out but the pair of them made it very hard for Man Utd to get a foothold in the game.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

6 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Joelinton has recieved nothing but grief for 2 years though. Bit harsh to pile on a journalist for making light of it, especially when the overall point of what he was saying was that he was good.

There was clearly no malace intended.

It's one thing him being given grief by fans on forums and even the pundits in the studio, don't think anyone has done it to his face (apart from those knackers that approached him when he was with his family)

Just think a journalist could have worded it far better

3 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Like he's clearly not the answer mid to long term but I thought he put a good shift in yesterday. Joelinton was obviously the stand out but the pair of them made it very hard for Man Utd to get a footbold in the game.

he’s def lost that energy he had under Rafa. And energy is the word I’m using because I can’t really put my finger on what made him look so damn good then pre injury. 

but he pressed and pushed and kept things ticking, his cool head near the box led to the goal and nearly our winner.  

also got to see him hit a trademark cross field ball that he was doing under Rafa too. 

I still think he’s a worthy squad player. 

12 hours ago, Lenny said:

You literally questioned his decision making in your post, hence me raising the point that his decision making was spot on at a critical time in the game.

He should be sacked off at the earliest opportunity based on his last few years with us, but there was nothing wrong with his decision making and positional play today, and he was better than "minimum level required".

Raise your bar, man. He was bypassed a few times by simple one-two's and gifted posession back to them a few times with shit headers when he had enough time to think about it a bit more. Not saying he was bad, he wasn't, I just don't think he was great outside of his involvement in the goal.

Not that convinced on his performance being that great yesterday, but it was decent, and regardless of anything else, he looked really happy in the post match interview, and not surprisingly gave a lot of credit to Howe. Would be great to see him find himself a niche in midfield like he had under Rafa. We really need some options in midfield. 

He was ok yesterday by his own recent standards, and the pass to ASM was perfectly weighted. He did some things well, and other things still as frustrating as ever. Missing out on potential interceptions due to reacting too slowly, not getting in the right positions due to himself having an incredibly slow turn of pace, not taking shots outside of the box when he had the opportunity to do so (thus not taking advantage of one of the few good traits he has). He clearly took Howes challenge to heart and tried his best - but I don't think that was enough to guarantee a start against Everton.

2 minutes ago, Conjo said:

He was ok yesterday by his own recent standards, and the pass to ASM was perfectly weighted. He did some things well, and other things still as frustrating as ever. Missing out on potential interceptions due to reacting too slowly, not getting in the right positions due to himself having an incredibly slow turn of pace, not taking shots outside of the box when he had the opportunity to do so (thus not taking advantage of one of the few good traits he has). He clearly took Howes challenge to heart and tried his best - but I don't think that was enough to guarantee a start against Everton.

Had an assist and anonymised the Man Utd midfield with big Joe. Nailed on start tbh.

The assist was anything but a goal served on a platter, and I thought both Joelinton and Shelvey did more to anonymise man utd midfield than Longstaff did.

Maybe he is nailed on as you say, but I don't agree that should be the case.