Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

4 minutes ago, MickMack said:

Not everyone will hit the ground running under Howe, plus he came on as sub, sometimes it’s hard to get up with the flow, feel we are all being a bit harsh on a lad who’s had it coached out of him the last couple of years, will be absolutely devoid of confidence no doubt.

Well we and he has very little time to get up to standard , he was ok in that period under Rafa but I must say in my opinion didn’t stand out as special as folk made out.Now he’s devoid of any talent 

Na he was class under Rafa. But now he's in his mid 20s I can't see him doing  much with his career. He'd be very lucky to get another contract here but equally stupid to accept it. He needs to start again in tge championship but Im not sure his ego would allow him to take a step down (not a critisism, genuinely think it would be hard to accept in his position) If I were a promoted team coming up I wouldn't start him. He really is in limbo and time is running out on his career. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/12/2021 at 14:49, frankpingel said:

Even the best version of Sean Longstaff isn't good enough for where we want to be. 

Never saw the best version and never understood the hard on folk got about him under Rafa, career here finished , like his brother will fade off into the wilderness . 

He did an interview in the programme before the spurs game where he said he’d had mental health issues when recovering from his first injury, but my eyes are telling me he was borderline quick enough in the first place and the first proper injury took another couple of yards off him. He would definitely do better with a proper CM alongside him but I’m very much questioning whether he has the legs to get through a rough patch now. Shame cos on paper he is a nice prospect.