Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

1 hour ago, Fantail Breeze said:

He’s a clever lad. Absolutely detested Bruce.

Can see him coming good under a proper manager again. No surprise he was great under Rafa, hopefully Howe will bring out the same.

Not sure he'll ever be a top level player in a Howe formation, but massive respect to him and his brother for not giving Bruce and his useless coaches the time of day. That in itself shows he's got a good attitude and wants to improve. 

He intercepted a lot of balls and read the game well, but on the ball he was hit and miss and is clearly lacking any real mobility.

Edited by HTT II

I think the nature of his role leads to him looking headless. 

I do feel for him. He's not quite mobile enough to be a pressing box to box like say Joelinton, and he's not really getting the ball enough to show he could by Jonjo Shelvey's replacement.  

Edited by Thiago

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Newcastle Fan said:

Several links mentioning Rafa and Everton want him, even though he hasn't been at his best lately i would still think we should keep him.

We should keep him now as the only other options in midfield are Hendrick and Matty Longstaff.

However, I fully expect us to bring in much better midfielders, in which case if we can get Digne as part of the deal we should 100% go for it.

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

The ManU game suggested there's hope for him yet and he's always seemed like one of the good guys, so I'd be sad to see him go despite him obviously being mostly rubbish for us. 

Yep, his interview after the match where he stuck up for Joelinton shows that he's a good guy, and very switched on. I just wish he could find a way to get out of the treacle he's always running though, then he'd be a great backup.

I think he's more suited to a Rafa formation tbh, I think he's a bit slow-footed to play a pressing game effectively. If Howe fancies someone else more, then I would be happy to see him go to Everton. 

1 hour ago, TRon said:

I think he's more suited to a Rafa formation tbh, I think he's a bit slow-footed to play a pressing game effectively. If Howe fancies someone else more, then I would be happy to see him go to Everton. 

This.

I think he may be coming back into his own but yeah, I don't think he dynamic enough to play in Howe's system.  Rafa may want him and get him but how long will Rafa be able to hold on?

In the program for the Spurs game he gave an interview and talked quite candidly about having depression and how that has affected his form after a bad injury. Seems to me though that he wasn’t very quick in the first place and his first proper injuries robbed him of the pace he had, so now he’s less effective.

It's pretty hard to fulfill homegrown restrictions with players trained at the club who can actually do a job as a squad player, he's worth a lot more to us than any other club tbh.