Fabian Schär

I rewatched the extended clip of that goal on .tv and it's really incredible. We're defending a set piece, the ball gets cleared straight up in the air, then Schar recognizes that it's going to drop to a Newcastle player and takes off up the pitch. He's already well towards midfield when the ball is properly cleared and he is in a good position to receive the ball.

The touch and the pass were both incredible, but that was also an amazing bit of anticipation to make that run when he did.

Also Willock's finish gets more delicious every time you watch it, fuck me.

I count that as maybe 5 games in a row where either he and/or Burn have put in 9 or above performances. Burn was our star man today for me, but Schar was still great, and a goal and an assist in 2 matches is brilliant. He's been fucking class this last 6 weeks.

I like the partnership with Burn. They link well, Burn strong, good in air. Schar can bring it forward more. Looks a solid CB pairing.

We haven't conceded more than 1 goal in a game in last 8 games. Defence stronger. Getting Tripper, Burn, Targett in for what we paid was great business. 

Edited by samptime29

I've always been a fan.  Don't think the club will be able to buy a comparable player at a reasonable price.

If we buy a  world class  (or future world class CB),  top-knotch goalkeeper,  Targett, and Schaar, we'll be competing for Europe next season.