League Cup Second Round - Nott'm Forest (a) - 29/08/18 @ 7:45pm (live on Sky)

Darlow

Yedlin Fernandez Schar Dummett

Diame Ki

Atsu                Muto          Murphy

Rondon

Not bad. If the ultimate plan is Rondon off Perez, I'd start with that and bring on Muto in either forward position depending on what happens.

We competed with Spurs, should have beaten Cardiff and weren't far off getting something against Chelsea, so I hope confidence has not been shaken by the results and our current league position.

For those arguing that we should field a full strength team, isn't it worth considering  that we're going to be relying on some of these players to start lots of games? Sterry needs to play, because we need to see if he's better than Manquillo or even if he can push Yedlin. The new signings all need minutes, and the likes of Longstaff and V. Fernandez missed the stiffs game so they could get on the pitch here.

I'd rather find out if a kid folds under pressure in the League Cup as opposed to being chucked on in desperation ten minutes to go at Anfield. Similarly, new signings can make mistakes with pressing or tracking with greater forgiveness in what is, compared to Premier League survival (Rafa's declared aim), a less important match.

Almost back to the bad days of 2014 of wanting defeat

But why?

Because just like then it's rotten and doesn't deserve to be in the pl

I mean, only at board level. It's the complete opposite for all playing and coaching staff.

I'm certainly nowhere near those days in 2014 of celebrating last minute winners for Swansea at SJP. Hopefully that never happens again.

This season (starting June 1st) has been the pits but it's miserable for the very reason that I so badly want us to do well. We're desperately close to being onto a good thing, the thought of it all crumbling down is very painful.