Miguel Almirón

Deuce

36 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Keep. There are 7-9 players who can leave in the summer and that's plenty of space for the incoming.

Agree based on ability. However he is one of the few sellable assets we are able to command a fee for so may end up not having a choice but to let him go.

Would be happy to see him here next season based on his recent form.

Straight choice for me between Almiron, Fraser and Murphy for who warms the bench next season. They aren't going to be starting but all 3 provide something as an impact sub.

I think Murphy will go I think but not so sure who we'd be better off with out of Fraser or Almiron as second choice RW (assuming we buy a new one)

He seems to like a quick "one-two" pass into space and is quite effective at drawing a challenge when he does it. Unfortunately it's not something we've been able to see much during his time with us since we've never had any ability to actually make simple passes; let alone the unreasonably difficult task of stringing two together quickly.

Looks another player where it's possible his own game will raise with better players around him, rather than him falling behind. For that reason it might be worth keeping him around next season.

9 hours ago, Newcastle Fan said:

I don't this he is worth keeping to be honest, every time he gets the ball in the final third he just plays it back or to the side, never really attacks teams or puts good crosses in or tries to get in a shooting position, he's only had that one goal and no assists all season and that is less output than any of our attacking players this year including Murphy and Matt Ritchie in that list.

Think he’d be a decent wingback if someone could convert him.

Guest HTT II

Whatever happens, he’ll always be remembered as the best Mexican to ever play for us after the Robledo brothers!

On 17/05/2022 at 00:26, Astroblack said:

I'm just saying... what if you turned him into a RWB? He's got all the attributes IMO. 

He’s got no right foot, so it’s a non starter for me. also for this reason I’d like to see him and ASM swap wings for a game and see how it goes

Just now, Ikon said:

I’d keep him for next season as backup. 

The fact that we can command a decent fee means I’m inclined to let him go - my preference has always been 2 wingers in the summer - Raphinha (Sarr) type of signings - 1 goes in right away - the other fights it out with Fraser and ASM - leaving Bruno, Paqueta, Big Joe and (Willock) as the attacking mids

Obviously depends on how many wingers we can get. Doubt we will sign more than one very good one this summer. The money we get for Miggy won’t get us far and we have lots of other starting spots to strengthen before we think about adding two wingers. 

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

Obviously depends on how many wingers we can get. Doubt we will sign more than one very good one this summer. The money we get for Miggy won’t get us far and we have lots of other starting spots to strengthen before we think about adding two wingers. 

Yeah that’s a fair point - I just want more from the wing positions - you have 2 functioning wingers, it elevates you to being nearer the upper half of the league - as I have said previously, 12-15 returns (goals/assists) from each wing is needed 

Just now, Mikky said:

Yeah that’s a fair point - I just want more from the wing positions - you have 2 functioning wingers, it elevates you to being nearer the upper half of the league - as I have said previously, 12-15 returns (goals/assists) from each wing is needed 

I agree. Replacing some current starters is a good move, but replacing them as backups even might be a step too far in this coming window. 

In terms of outgoings there will be some who are going to be going regardless (Ritchie, Clark, Gayle etc). Then I think there will be a large chunk of the squad who are effectively for sale if the offer is right - and we'll sell whoever we can get fees for.

This is probably the last chance you're gonna get anything for Miggy at 28 so it might be worth cashing in. However equally if there is a bigger markets for more traditional domestic wide players like Fraser/Murphy then we'd perhaps push them out the door first. Without knowing wages it is difficult to know exactly who will be easiest to shift.

Edited by ponsaelius

Just now, Ikon said:

Behind Murphy? No, just no. 

One goal, zero assists this season. Forgot about Fraser as well. In all honesty all three of them are 6 out of 10 performers.

23 minutes ago, Beth said:

No reason to keep him. He's behind Murphy for me, who himself will be back up to a new signing for RM anyway.

Here (s)he is :lol:

Edited by LV