Miguel Almirón

Deuce

2 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

Would love to find a decent angle behind Miggy. All the replays I've seen have been from a shit angle.

I was more or less right behind it in the ground. Fell on top of the bloke in the row in front when it went in. 

Always does the hard work and falls under the radar as he doesnt get many goals but his runs in behind and general movement gives plenty of defenders a problem, love him personally. Always thought hes a great option to have off the bench past the 60 minute mark for the pace/stamina alone but he generally seems to play better when he starts and has time to get into the flow of the match, thought he might be one to leave but on recent performances I kind of expect him to be here for another season at least now.

Insane finish. Absolutely perfect. I thought he was going to bury the volley straight after as well. Chuffed for him and hope he continues to kick on as he's such a likeable character. :aww:

Seems to be getting more accustomed to playing on that right side, which is really interesting. He has some great qualities, and really just needs to be more direct because he has bags of pace and is quite tenacious. Also just needs to trust his right foot as he won't always have the time to adjust onto his left (as was with the chance he should have taken with his right when Joelinton set him up earlier), and if he can manage that he may well be worth keeping around. 

1 minute ago, RealGoneKid said:

Miggy must stay

Crikey, I mean I love the guy, and he has worked harder and been more effective of late. But if we are relying on Miggy and Fraser next year just because of some recent up turn in performance I'd be concerned. Harsh, but we need better.

He has more to offer us (than Murphy and arguably Fraser) if we can drag it out of him.

Wouldn't mind keeping him next season, maybe not first choice but he's a decent option from the bench.

Delighted for him, seems a lovely fella.

Ideal squad player IMO. You know he's going to run himself into the ground every minute you have him on the pitch he can play a number of positions.

15 minutes ago, Shak said:

Delighted for him, seems a lovely fella.

Ideal squad player IMO. You know he's going to run himself into the ground every minute you have him on the pitch he can play a number of positions.

Yup, this exactly. Though I also really think he has quality and hasn't performed here due to coaching and not getting a real run.

Not sure it will ever come off for him here at this point, but I definitely don't understand the folks in the "20 players out, 20 players in" camp, like you know that's how you become Everton right?

Miggy is exactly the kind of character you keep during a transition like this, gives everything, versatile, not going to cause a ruckus if he doesn't play every game. The role players are going to be key as we turn the squad over this next couple of years.

I mean there are lots of players waaaay higher on the "get rid" list than this guy, and you can't do them all at once.

Up until the last couple of games he had become so lost and frustrating. I've been a big fan and defender of him since his MLS days but had pretty much lost hope he could make it here. 

With a better team I still think he can be very useful but I'm still not convinced he will get the time and time on the right role to succeed. Nor that we cant just buy better now. If we buy a first choice RW I am happy with Miggy and Fraser as backup next year.

I'm pretty sure he won't want another year being a squad player though. Maybe he will given the project. 

We need to move players on in the summer and RW is an area that needs upgrading. I don't think it's going to be who we would rather keep that stays it will be who we can get the best value for. Same with Krafth and Manquillo

59 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

:lol: been waiting all night for your verdict. 

Work is going to be a horrific chore tomorrow but I’m absolutely made up for him. His pressing, as with the rest of the team, in the first half was absolutely superb too. Passing lanes cut AOTS.

16 hours ago, Shearergol said:

I still don’t think so. But he’s better because we have a midfielder who can find him now.

I agree with this, he was always capable of hitting a really nice goal, iirc he scored two in a game in one season. Problem is they are usually just a flash in the pan. If he could score more often he'd be a fabulous player just for his work rate alone.

Would love to think Howe would be able to get the best out of him, but I don't think he's got the killer instinct needed for a forward. Would love to be proved wrong though.