Miguel Almirón

Deuce

Just now, Newcastle Fan said:

I think this is the best game he has ever played for us? lets hope he can build on this.

He was good. I thought Fulham were incredibly naive and bad though. Playing like that after having a player sent off. Good game from us though. 

Did very well today, well taken goals. Shame he couldn't get the hattrick, the finish for that offside goal was unreal. :lol: And I haven't seen it back, but was his 1st a bit flukey? He's never seemed the type of player to go for those volleys or half chances, was blown away that that went in standing in the away end. :lol:

I hope that he can keep up that level of performance and/or output, but I don't know how many times we've said that after he's bagged over his time here.

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

Did very well today, well taken goals. Shame he couldn't get the hattrick, the finish for that offside goal was unreal. :lol: And I haven't seen it back, but was his 1st a bit flukey? He's never seemed the type of player to go for those volleys or half chances, was blown away that that went in standing in the away end. :lol:

I hope that he can keep up that level of performance and/or output, but I don't know how many times we've said that after he's bagged over his time here.

His first was 100% intentional, it was unreal technique too :lol:

His body position on that strike is what makes the goal even more unbelievable, all his weight was in the wrong place as he transferred back onto his left side but he somehow managed to generate that power and accuracy despite still being in the process of switching his weight 

If Almiron learned to use his right he'd be incredibly dangerous in my opinion. Effort is unrivalled - clearly technically good, has just needed guidance on his positioning etc. Really starting to flourish. Anothet Eddie Howe masterclass. 

Edited by Heron

24 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

He clearly meant it 100%! 

2 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Another very strong goal of the month contender as well 

Contender? Gotta be nailed on and a contender for goal of the season, surely? It was absolutely outrageous :lol:

Maybe I'm over-egging it due to the sheer surprise but it was a proper worldie.