Miguel Almirón

Deuce

I like Almiron and think there's a good player short on confidence and unhappy with the system there but we've had plenty of good players be evidently good under terrible managers, so I think at the end of the season we'll still have a decent idea of his quality despite Bruce.

Cabaye, Ba, Remy, Ben Arfa, Colo (at times), Debuchy, perhaps to a lesser extent Gini and Sissoko and a few others were all able to clearly show their quality.

Then we've had the 'Under the right manager/in the correct system' players like Anita, Cabella, Marveux, Santon, Shelvey possibly Mitrovic which sometimes rings true but sometimes just feels like a way of saying they have nice qualities but ultimately their overall game just isn't quite good enough.

Think for Almiron, ASM and Joelinton we'll still be able to judge over time and if they've got the quality we hope they do they'll show it despite the 'system' they're unfortunately stuck in.

I like Almiron and think there's a good player short on confidence and unhappy with the system there but we've had plenty of good players be evidently good under terrible managers, so I think at the end of the season we'll still have a decent idea of his quality despite Bruce.

Cabaye, Ba, Remy, Ben Arfa, Colo (at times), Debuchy, perhaps to a lesser extent Gini and Sissoko and a few others were all able to clearly show their quality.

Then we've had the 'Under the right manager/in the correct system' players like Anita, Cabella, Marveux, Santon, Shelvey possibly Mitrovic which sometimes rings true but sometimes just feels like a way of saying they have nice qualities but ultimately their overall game just isn't quite good enough.

Think for Almiron, ASM and Joelinton we'll still be able to judge over time and if they've got the quality we hope they do they'll show it despite the 'system' they're unfortunately stuck in.

Nope. (The bold bit). Shit regardless.

He must regret trying that audacious chip when clean through which hit the post just minutes into his debut as the no goals and no assists stat always gets used against him (especially from the League One numpties!)!

He completely elevated our attack last season and looked a player under Rafa. Unsurprisingly, he looks lost under this buffoon like many others.

He must regret trying that audacious chip when clean through which hit the post just minutes into his debut as the no goals and no assists always stat gets used against him (especially from the League One numpties!)!

He completely elevated our attack last season and looked a player under Rafa. Unsurprisingly, he looks lost under this buffoon like many others.

known as doing a jon dahl. miss a sitter on your debut and never recover.

He must regret trying that audacious chip when clean through which hit the post just minutes into his debut as the no goals and no assists always stat gets used against him (especially from the League One numpties!)!

known as doing a jon dahl. miss a sitter on your debut and never recover.

he did recover though. had some decent games. changed our attack.

he's just not a right winger.

also the lack of intelligent movement in front of him by his teamates makes him look shit. of course he's gonna hang on to the ball too long if nee fucker is showing for him.

Awful for the chance through on goal, pathetic dive, but the bit of play while clearing their corner won us that match. That was quality. Won’t go down as an assist or anything so to David Edgar it won’t count for anything but any other player there would have booted it away first time and the goal doesn’t happen.

I hope he gets some time and patience from the fans. Yes his finishing has been weak, but he is making great runs and he needs that first goal. It would have been great to have Rafa here to look after him like he did with Perez when he was on the barren run. Bruce is more likely to throw him under the bus when we lose though.

I hope he gets some time and patience from the fans. Yes his finishing has been weak, but he is making great runs and he needs that first goal. It would have been great to have Rafa here to look after him like he did with Perez when he was on the barren run. Bruce is more likely to throw him under the bus when we lose though.

To be fair thats about the only thing Bruce has done okay so far. Hasn't scapegoated him.

Probably realises him and Max are his only chance

Guest Howaythetoon

Still our best player by a distance, just terribly short of confidence.

This, he showed that last season in my eyes. Dunno how good/bad the new lads are of course so as I have t seen them in action, but I rate Almiron. Not a winger though, he needs a more central position he can go left or right from with his head up, facing forwards, ball at feet, 30 yards or more ahead further up. I’d be happy to see him get a few goals I won’t lie.

Glad he actually got the ball in some decent areas again today, as he's been so deep in so many games this year - don't think it's a coincidence that happened with Saint-Maximin on the other side taking some of the pressure off to move the team forward.

He's definitely more of an inside forward/playmaker, so I'm optimistic that having a proper wide man consistently in the side will allow him to play more of his natural game.