Miguel Almirón

Deuce

Atsu had a couple of decent games since he came back into the side, but against Brighton he was back to his usual self. Invisible mostly, and utterly lacking in intent when he did get the ball.

Only when ASM came on and started running at Brighton did Atsu suddenly wake up.

ASM was brought in early for the second time already. After the match this weekend there were reports that he felt a small strain. It's written in the stars that if Bruce pushes his luck and uses him this weekend he will get injured again. He needs proper rest and rehabilitating training until the medical team is confident he is fully healed (which is normally some time AFTER the player feels ok). For Bruce's sake I hope his desperation drives him to sacrifice ASM for a third time in a row only to have it bite him in the ass afterwards. For ASMs health and future sake I hope he's rested and comes back stronger.

Ashley's blueprint of finishing 17th going out of the cups nice and early and selling players for profit is seriously under threat with Bruce in charge.

We're definitely not playing him in the correct position, but he really needs to sort his decision making out. It's fucking shite too often. He'll create himself some space with good feet & bursts of pace and then do absolutely nothing when presented the opportunity and followed by giving it away.

Really need to see more from him imo. I'd argue Muto uses the ball better in terms of finding space, playing the pass that's on and moving forward.

Guest godzilla

We're definitely not playing him in the correct position, but he really needs to sort his decision making out. It's f***ing s**** too often. He'll create himself some space with good feet & bursts of pace and then do absolutely nothing when presented the opportunity and followed by giving it away.

Really need to see more from him imo. I'd argue Muto uses the ball better in terms of finding space, playing the pass that's on and moving forward.

Agree with the first part there is only so much you can blame a manager for but he is not helping himself as I have said before. Can't agree on the 2nd point as there is nothing I have seen in Muto since he signed to say he is a premier league striker.

He looked really exciting last season with Rondon and Perez and a manager who believed in him and knew where to play him - feel sorry for the lad.

:thup: and he'll be the whipping boy for all our struggles this season. Because our fans are thick fucking morons.

He was bought by a manager who was trying to build a side and knew where to play him. If that manager was still here he’d have had a pre season with him and he’d no doubt be playing in that position with players who also knew their roles.

Unfortunately, his pre season consisted of around 2 weeks with pie face, players who don’t fit with his strengths and as a result he’s been pushed out wide right and looks completely lost.

We’re completely ruining him. He clearly needs coaching and direction and it’s equally clear he’s not getting it.