Chelsea 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 12/01/19- post-match reaction from page 17

BlueStar

They'll obviously smash us second half, but Chelsea have been shit imo. Ordinary as out.

its amazing how lacking up front they are. Sure Hazard is fantastic etc but he doesn't like playing up front and it shows whenever any manager has tried it

Clark’s fault for Pedro’s goal and Pedro’s fault for Clark’s goal.

We can steal this. They’ve been shit.

Have to assume their players will realise this isnt a training session in the 2nd half though and actually get out of 1st gear

We're so much better away from home like, we should play on the break more at home.

I think we pretty much setup the same way, but because visiting teams don't come at us as aggressively as they do at home, it then doesn't quite work out the same.

Honestly why do the commentators keep saying how dominant Chelsea have been, they really haven't done anything special overall and have been the worse side for almost half of the game.

Think they have been very ordinary tbh, said it before the game that they weren't all that as well. That's why it was so infuriating to hand them an easy goal.

Good half. Terrible mistake for the goal, but we didn't give up and have got some joy playing long ball, pick up the scraps. I can't remember Hayden or Longstaff actually playing a forward pass, so it is to Chelsea's shame that they are not winning comfortably.

But I thought we’d get battered in every game if we attacked a bit more?

My friend, we are not attacking a bit more. This is how we always setup.

It just looks better because Chelsea are pushing forward, whilst not doing a very good job of dealing with our out balls and subsequent counter attacks.