The other games today 2019/20

Greg

He was actually quite balanced in the post-match interview, made it very clear he didn't think the free kick being moved was an excuse for the result or the performance. I suppose the more he thought about it the more he realised he could deflect some more attention away from what was a shockingly bad performance.

I think Spurs will struggle to finish in the top 4 this season, I would nearly go as far to say that for the next few years they could possibly struggle to finish in the top 8 in the league. If I were the other teams in the big 6 I would be more worried by the likes of Everton, Leicester, Wolves and maybe Villa if they continue to show ambition. With the exception of Villa the others teams I named have more money, better squads and better managers than Spurs at the moment. Their only good players are Kane, Alli and Son, but 2 out of 3 of those players are out of form and the rest of the squad are either past their best or nowhere near good enough for a club that wants to compete to qualify for the Champions League. When Dembele was sold and not replaced it was the start of the wheels coming off for Spurs because the midfield of Winks and Hojberg which they started with today is mid table quality at best.

Even if they sacked Mourinho in the next couple of months, I don't think it is an attractive job for good managers. There is clearly very little money to spend and there would need to more than £100 million to be invested in the team to get them competing for the top 4 again. Spurs probably did Pochettino a favour sacking him last season because I think after losing the Champions League final he couldn't take that team any further. He wanted to tear up the team and start again, but Levy wouldn't let him, but now Spurs have Mourinho leading the rebuilding job and he is the last manager you want to do that job especially with little money to spend.

Five red cards in overtime between PSG and Marseille :lol:

PSG are a bunch of cunts. Mbappe the only likeable player in the squad.

0 points from their first 2, what a shame.

Even Mbappe is a diver

Marquinhos I can’t stand

I watched the last half hour of the Spurs game, and they really were bad. No spirit, belief, leadership, fight.

Is Mourinho a busted flush? He has a big club all right, but if you've managed Man U, Real, and won League titles and Champions Leagues, Spurs are a step down. It can't be easy to motivate yourself in the same way as when your career is on the up.