Newcastle United vs Liverpool - Sat 04/05/19 - 19:45 (Live on Sky Sports)

Infinitely Content

Red card for Shelvey in first half and lose 3-0.

be surprised if he starts over Ki, wrong type of game for shelvey

Nah, we're going to need his direct passing if we re to get anything from this. Remember his ball to the Liverpool defender to assist Joselu.

Does anyone think that Rafa's affinity for Liverpool might affect how we line up and perform in this match? He won't want us to get thumped, but I don't think he'll be salivating at the prospect of a tactical masterclass which kills Liverpool's title hopes, and at this stage of the season there's plenty of reason to rotate. Why not give Perez a rest anyway, and it also seems like the sort of match which would allow Shelvey to sink or swim, if Rafa cares about that going forward.

Does anyone think that Rafa's affinity for Liverpool might affect how we line up and perform in this match? He won't want us to get thumped, but I don't think he'll be salivating at the prospect of a tactical masterclass which kills Liverpool's title hopes, and at this stage of the season there's plenty of reason to rotate. Why not give Perez a rest anyway, and it also seems like the sort of match which would allow Shelvey to sink or swim, if Rafa cares about that going forward.

No.

No.

Nice to see all you dreamers but we're going to get pumped 3 nowt.

It’ll be one of our ‘work hard but eventually concede to much better players’ type games.

That's what I was thinking too, this Liverpool side is absolute quality and in many other seasons they would be dead certs to win the league.

We'll be resolute to a point but ultimately they will be too much for us, might even still be 0-0 at half time.

I don't think you can underestimate the fact they have a massive game tomorrow night. Away to Barcelona in a CL semi-final, where you're likely to be out of possession for large parts, 3 days before, is definitely going to have an effect on them.

They'll most likely still have enough to beat us, but it's certainly beneficial to us to have them playing that game first.