Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

May 26th it was announced "Mike Ashley agrees to sell Newcastle United!".

As soon as it came out sexed up as if we had actually been sold (when we hadn't been) it was pretty obvious it'd be a long sorry saga. The likes of which we've seen numerous times previously.

Over a month on, and nothing appears to have progressed one bit (in fact might possibly have gone backwards). Typical Ashley, typical NUFC.  :lol:

To be honest I ain’t sure it’s Ashley side who holds up the deal. I mean, I am now suspecting the credibility of BZG as the story now definitely does not tie with their statement issued a few weeks ago. Of course history taught us Ashley is most likely the core problem but BZG now looks dodgy to me as well.

Ashley is going to have a hard time if BZGs offer is fake and Rafa now gone.

To be honest I ain’t sure it’s Ashley side who holds up the deal. I mean, I am now suspecting the credibility of BZG as the story now definitely does not tie with their statement issued a few weeks ago. Of course history taught us Ashley is most likely the core problem but BZG now looks dodgy to me as well.

Which part of the story are you saying doesn’t tie with their statement? Are you talking about the PA news thing from yesterday saying there are no ongoing owner and director tests by the FA?

I think there’s a good chance this will happen, just listen to Caulkin on the latest podcast.

Ashley’s testing the fans reaction to this, we’ve already been told they think we’d keep going in numbers.

He’ll go, but with the sports direct stuff in there. He’ll leave it until as late as possible to f*** us over.

What did Caulkin say and which podcast?

I think there’s a good chance this will happen, just listen to Caulkin on the latest podcast.

Ashley’s testing the fans reaction to this, we’ve already been told they think we’d keep going in numbers.

He’ll go, but with the sports direct stuff in there. He’ll leave it until as late as possible to f*** us over.

What did Caulkin say and which podcast?

Think he means the True Faith podcast from a few days ago. If so, nothing in that gave me much hope.

Which part of the story are you saying doesn’t tie with their statement? Are you talking about the PA news thing from yesterday saying there are no ongoing owner and director tests by the FA?

This one and the “price has been agreed”.

You may call me naive but the first statement by BZG was saying something like the deal was close to completion that

1. Price has been agreed (with Ashley signature)

2. Proof of funds provided

3. Awaiting the proper test

Now if this is real, then what can Ashley do to hold up the deal other then refusing to sign the last paper? Ok fine I can give the benefit of the doubt to BZG as Ashley is a real cunt. But now if FA comes out and say there was no proper test carrying out, then you should wonder how credible was the first statement. Another scenario could be BZG simply called off the process.

Lets say BZG are to blame for the sale not happening. Ashley still had the opportunity to keep Rafa on, he still had 12 years of being a cunt when running the club. Ashley is going to get the blame for everything that happens to the club until he leaves and a period of time after he leaves. He’ll be getting the blame though because it is his fault.

ay he hasnt thought this latest decision through has he,the worst thing he,s done since taking over,it will probably single the end of his reign,no way this team survives in the current PL without big investment.. ;Dwell played ashly thick cunt

This one and the “price has been agreed”.

You may call me naive but the first statement by BZG was saying something like the deal was close to completion that

1. Price has been agreed (with Ashley signature)

2. Proof of funds provided

3. Awaiting the proper test

Now if this is real, then what can Ashley do to hold up the deal other then refusing to sign the last paper? Ok fine I can give the benefit of the doubt to BZG as Ashley is a real cunt. But now if FA comes out and say there was no proper test carrying out, then you should wonder how credible was the first statement. Another scenario could be BZG simply called off the process.

I’d never call you naive mate and I’m immensely cynical about a sale myself but I do think BZG are serious and that they are not lying.

First, knowing a bit of the culture of the gulf and of Islam, if BZG have a signed agreement then they believe that this is binding. This might not be how Ashley works but the code of honour in the gulf is that a signed statement is as good as giving your word that you will honour it. I genuinely believe that they think it was done at this point.

There’s no reason to doubt that they gave proof of finances. Don’t think any doubt has been cast on this anywhere. May be wrong.

The owners and directors test: where did PA news get this info from that there is no ongoing test? And why do we think it’s any more true just because they have said it? Their source could just as well be wrong. Maybe the tests are done and that’s why they are saying there are no ongoing tests. If they haven’t been done then the onus is on Ashley to send the paperwork in to the Premier League. Maybe he’s fucking about and hasn’t done this yet as he’s trying to get more money out of BZG or a rival bid by playing them off against each other.

So in my opinion I think BZG are the real deal and haven’t lied, they are just dealing with a duplicitous, greedy sociopath and if any deal does collapse it’s on Ashley and Ashley alone.

ay he hasnt thought this latest decision through has he,the worst thing he,s done since taking over,it will probably single the end of his reign,no way this team survives in the current PL without big investment.. ;Dwell played ashly thick cunt

Which leads me to think that he was betting on one of Rafa staying or the takeover happening

A takeover would have to be completed before the transfer window closes to give new owners time to improve the playing staff. If a takeover isn't completed before then, any interested parties might as well wait until the January transfer window. If NUFC were in a 'safe' place in the table then then try again, if NUFC are in relegation trouble the interested parties will wait until the end of the season to see if NUFC are still in the Premiership.

I can't see this takeover happening. If a group wanted to buy NUFC they'd get it done quick. I assume any credible parties interested in buying NUFC could have been looking through the accounts well before Premier League safety was secured.

Watch us be taken over, potentially be the next Man City, then be demoted because of the HMRC thing.

That would be so NUFC.

We’d soon come back up though if we were the next Man City! I’d bite your hand off for that scenario

Guest Howaythetoon

I’m more inclined towards this happening than not happening and nothing the media reports, comments on or debates over will sway my thoughts on any of this because they know nothing.

I’ll stick to real life developments, thus far from the club it’s been no comment/business as usual.

Followed by an announcement that Rafa won’t be signing a new deal and that he and his backroom team will be leaving officially on/after the 30th.

I think developments on a new manager will reveal more about any update regarding the takeover, positive or otherwise.

Someone like Moyes or Hughes being appointed pretty soon would indicate it’s over. Neil Redfern or someone already at the club taking over temp duties for the time being will indicate for me anyway no managerial appointment will be made until a takeover is either concluded or fails to materialise.

It could of course indicate the club are in some process of finding a new manager, but I don’t think the club are in such a stage right now because they can until the takeover happens or doesn’t.

For that very same reason or reasoning in terms of my own line of logic anyway that’s why the club allowed Rafa to depart.

If there was no takeover to start with or a takeover was simply at the early stages of talks, genuine or fantasy, I don’t think Ashley would have just allowed Rafa to walk away so easily because the repercussions of doing so even for a moron spiteful man child like him wouldn’t be worth the cost, fall-out and ultimately potential damage not having Rafa as manager means.

Rafa wasn’t asking for the Earth and there have been positive dialogue that a compromise could be reached which for owner, club and manager benefitted all involved and would be the most common sense of any outcome.

The position Ashley was in regarding Rafa was taken out of his hands by the takeover and made more difficult regarding Rafa’s terms as to what he would be prepared to do.

Agree to all terms and the takeover collapses or more likely the new owners were happy no deal be signed even if it meant Rafa walking because they want to either conduct their own terms or appoint their own manager.

I’ve stated before I don’t think the would-be new owners want Rafa which may suck for those of us who do and may not make sense, but if these guys are who they are, they will have their own plans and strategy rather than come in and take  a punt on those already at the club before them.

That indicates if so these are no chancers and they have a goal in mind and they come with a plan, their own project and that they don’t want to hang around waiting. Whether that means they will be good for the club, make good appointments and succeed who knows. It’s better than an Ashley coming in blind, without a clue, and fucking things up with every reactionary decision all because he didn’t quite know what to do with his investment from the beginning and still doesn’t and even if he did won’t, can’t and will still fuck it up as we’ve seen under Rafa who could even under Ashley lead the club into the top 6, European football and potential silverware.

So with all that said... until it’s over when it’s over, new owners or Ashley. What happens or doesn’t happen at the club will reveal more than anything some journo, twitter account or dentist will be able to update us all on.

The longer this actually drags on without a new manager or signings or sales would male me even more confident because these guys will already have a manager lined up who in turn will have identified players, a manager with links to agents and owners with money to make deals happen quickly.

Of course the sooner the better. For everyone. More so fans, club and Ashley. Patience, don’t panic, hold your nerves, wait...

If it ends in new owners and Rafa jackpot, if it ends in new owners and another manager, jackpot all the same. If it ends in Ashley as owner it’s over, no matter who he appoints, how much money gets spent on players or how well we do. Walk away like Rafa and this man...

A certain Kevin Keegan who I trust more than anyone when it comes to all that is NUFC.

“As much as it pains me to say it, I have no desire to be associated with the place for as long as that continues.

“I will gladly return when they have gone.

“I look forward to the day when Newcastle is free of the man who has lurched from one bad decision to another, run an empire of self-harm and handed money and power to people who deserved neither.

“I don’t want to share my oxygen with these people, trust me.”