Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

No. It will be a far more complicated transaction. If it were simple they wouldn’t have about 30 lawyers and even more legal secretaries working on this.

It’ll just be announced soon and there’ll be a brief statement. Rafa will announce he’s staying on the same day and then we have about 8 weeks to get a squad together.

Everything regarding players leaving has gone quiet. Even Ayoze and Hayden. They know there’s something big coming..

I believe you Odin, but can they only announce it when Ashley hands over the keys to them or once all documents have been signed and verified by lawyers?

Well more like everything going on with the club is on hold until it’s complete. Even the business development girls selling corporate packages at the club have been extremely quiet all summer. They haven’t been told anything.

I honestly don’t know any dates or anything like that, just more the inner workings of how this deal can take place. It’s incredibly messy hence why I’ve not been worried or surprised by the lack of news over the last few weeks.

It would be nice to get some sort of confirmation from Mike Ashley but I’m not expecting any more communication from him at all to the supporters.

Think as far as he’s concerned now he’s cut his ties with the club.

Lee Charnley might be kept on for a brief spell to keep things going until they can bring in their own people. Well we already know Midhat Kidwai will be the General Director of the club, but do they keep on the existing press team or bring in their own people from BZG etc. He’s going to need time to settle into the role, unless he’s a bull in a china shop type.

A more realistic scenario is that they’ll have some well placed agents or advisors (Peter Kenyon type?) advising them on how to negotiate player transfers and contracts etc. Or Rafa is going to assume a DoF role as well as being a coach, hard to tell.

They’re not going to get everything right from the start. Think as long as they don’t hire Keegan and then fuck him over they should be grand for at least a few seasons 🙂

Feels like there is something imminent but it felt like this the other week when Monochrome came about.

It's like a back zit that you just can't get proper leverage on. Hurts enough to be distracting, and you keep trying to get the fucker, but you just know it's more likely that it will disappear on its own, rather than giving you the glorious pleasure and satisfaction of popping the bastard.

Feels like there is something imminent but it felt like this the other week when Monochrome came about.

It's like a back zit that you just can't get proper leverage on. Hurts enough to be distracting, and you keep trying to get the fucker, but you just know it's more likely that it will disappear on its own, rather than giving you the glorious pleasure and satisfaction of popping the bastard.

:lol:

That's exactly what this take over is like, a zit.

This amused me. We’ve definitely jumped the shark

Why is Bielsa hanging out the back of our stadium :hmm:

This spying malarky is getting a bit much.

They could be terrorists doing hostile reconnaissance?

Lee Charnley might be kept on for a brief spell to keep things going until they can bring in their own people. Well we already know Midhat Kidwai will be the General Director of the club, but do they keep on the existing press team or bring in their own people from BZG etc. He’s going to need time to settle into the role, unless he’s a bull in a china shop type.

hoping they bring in their crack web development team

Funny how someone mentioned the media being quiet, the thought had occured to me also that they had been told to keep quiet.

I've always thought that if something were to happen, it will be next week, the end of the month.

Guest Open_C

Odin mentioned a Kenyon-type-figure in his post, not Kenyon himself. I guess that's where it came from

Funny how someone mentioned the media being quiet, the thought had occured to me also that they had been told to keep quiet.

I've always thought that if something were to happen, it will be next week, the end of the month.

There does seem something strange, as all of our journos seem to have shut up.  That's never the case even when there's fuck all for them to report on :lol:

Probably nothing in it in reality though.

There does seem something strange, as all of our journos seem to have shut up.  That's never the case even when there's f*** all for them to report on :lol:

Most of them are away tbh.

There does seem something strange, as all of our journos seem to have shut up.  That's never the case even when there's f*** all for them to report on :lol:

Most of them are away tbh.

Aye....well that'll be it then.

I assumed at best they were just being quiet as they knew fuck all and were making tits of themselves :lol: How naive.