Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

So much of that article talking about Liverpool, Man City etc.

The media will forever paint us as "expecting too much" and trot out that old strawman of "we can't compete with the like of Liverpool, Man City". Like anyone is seriously demanding that. It's a hopeless cause and they love to propagate it, and it gives Ashley a perfect position to act innocent and like he can't do any more.

That interview confirms what most of us know: he's an absolute fucking cunt of the highest order. He's never fucking understood. The sooner he gets done in for dodginess the fucking better, he signifies what's wrong with the business world at the moment. He deserves all the fucking criticism and shit that comes his fucking way.

"I think I could own this football club for ever. That is my new mental state."

f*** off you utterly horrific parasite

Where does it say that?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7290525/MIKE-ASHLEY-EXCLUSIVE-think-club-forever-Martin-Samuel-Newcastle-owner.html

:icon_puke_r: :icon_puke_r: :icon_puke_r: :icon_puke_r: :icon_puke_r: :icon_puke_r: :icon_puke_r: :icon_puke_r: :icon_puke_r: :icon_puke_r: :icon_puke_r: :icon_puke_r: :icon_puke_r: :icon_puke_r: :icon_puke_r:

Guest chopey

What a crock of shit 5 out of 5 for financial planning, article was written on Thursday and 1 day later he could have possibly bankrupted his business empire. Literally saying things to make himself look better when everyone can read through his lies.

That interview confirms what most of us know: he's an absolute fucking cunt of the highest order. He's never fucking understood. The sooner he gets done in for dodginess the fucking better, he signifies what's wrong with the business world at the moment. He deserves all the fucking criticism and shit that comes his fucking way.

Couldn't agree more. And it highlights (as if it should be needed by now) the role the media play in facilitating it.

And another thing, if he does feel victimised in any way, he can absolutely fuck off with that utter delusion; he has taken away the pride people had in Newcastle United Football Club.

Mike Ashley insisted on Friday night that it was 'impossible' for Newcastle to have kept Rafa Benitez – and that the former manager was determined to take a lucrative deal to China from the start.

Ashley revealed he even floated the idea of an eight-year contract with Benitez at a meeting on May 16, and that the manager's refusal to commit could have cost the club record signing Joelinton.

Newcastle's owner spoke out following criticism of the breakdown in talks with Benitez – who he admits did an 'excellent' job – and criticism from the former boss following his appointment at Dalian Yifang in a deal worth £12m-a-year.

And he said: 'If you come out and say the things he did you would think it was football club first, Rafa second, money third. I'd say it was money first, Rafa, then the club last. He took the totally soft option, took the money and went to China. That disappoints me. If he'd gone back to Real Madrid, or a top six club in the Premier League, I get it. But it was about money and all he had to do was say that from the beginning.

'My view always was we had to keep Rafa. For my own personal safety we had to keep Rafa. I thought he had us offside, he had us cornered, it wasn't fair, it wasn't right, I've been totally out-manoeuvred, I probably shouldn't own a football club, it's ridiculous, but I'm a big boy.

'Yet every time with Rafa it was impossible – there was always another thing, and the next thing, and the next thing. He asked for a 50 per cent pay increase and I think he did that because he knew it couldn't work. And if we had agreed to that, I think it would have been something else. And everyone thinks we lost him because we wouldn't pay a couple of quid more. He had the microphone and we didn't.

'I'm not disappointed in him as a manager – he did an excellent job. It puzzles me why any fan thinks I wouldn't want him. I'm not the thickest person on the planet. Why wouldn't I want excellence? Why wouldn't I want this manager? Accuse me or many things, but not that. We couldn't have done any more.

'At one stage they were talking about a one-year extension and I said my preference would be for an eight-year contract. That's what I have to do in business when I invest. I have to take a medium to long-term view. I don't worry about my takings on a Saturday. And we are now talking planning and strategy. So if you really want me involved, I need time from you, too. And that was the idea. I did it before with Alan Pardew.

'Looking back, though, it doesn't really matter what Rafa asked for because I think the Chinese thing was done. He had talked about what he could earn in China previously. We were not even slightly surprised by that move.'

This shit is horrendous. Totally expected though and unfortunately some will lap it up and keep turning up at the matches

What a crock of shit 5 out of 5 for financial planning, article was written on Thursday and 1 day later he could have possibly bankrupted his business empire. Literally saying things to make himself look better when everyone can read through his lies.

Everybody except those who are in a position to influence, those who provide him the platform to tell his lies.

This has to energize the support.. are you really going to fucking sit there and let this cunt dictate the way its going to be?

They won't even be aware of what he's said, they're detached from the club and what's happening. They'll turn up for arsenal completely unaware of anything that's happened this summer. They'll ask each other about the new lad up front, they won't know where he's come from, where he a born but they'll know he cost £40m so Mike must be spending some serious cash. Its blissful and selected ignorance. Its a social occasion and the thought of not turning up is totally alien.