Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Just remember Edwards spent the summer basically laughing at the BZG link when we know for a fact it was a real thing as Ashley referenced it in his Martin Samuel PR stunt.

For all it has been "leaked" I'm not too sure it has been in the truest sense. This will have been talked about for months and it was only reported by WSJ yesterday when it became near completion (allegedly). As many have pointed out, WSJ wouldn't be publishing stuff as a favour to Ashley/Bishop or any of the other fun and games that go on. I think it's fair to assume the interest is legitimate, however that doesn't mean a deal will be done.

Also I understand the scepticism about this being news in January but realistically there are only two times to buy a club like ours - the summer and now. The summer is a relatively short period of time to get a deal through in time to then have a stab at building a squad (even changing manager too) so doing it now when we are looking like being safe makes sense for a buyer but also for Ashley. The value of the club should be fairly secure right now as we should stay up, any buyer can have everything in place well in time for the summer. We looked certainties for relegation in September/October sort of time and that has been the case for the past few years. So it really shouldn't be a surprise that these stories come out in January.

There have been rumblings, little snippets here and there, about potential deals for the club for a while now. Dickhead Keys, a couple of lines from Ornstein in The Athletic, that fella on ESPN I think it was - all saying a deal was being discussed. The NE press pack have always maintained people were in "the data room" or whatever you want to call it. The reality is none of them have a clue, they're all fishing about for 2nd hand information. A few of them yesterday came out with "well I'd heard some things..." but it's not like the Chronicle is short of column inches, there is some pure shite printed in there. It won't be one of that lot who break any news like this if and when it finally happens.

Fingers crossed this is the one, just don't get your hopes up when Ashley is involved.

Edwards never has any news of his own so his only way to appear relevant or even justify his employment is to do this every time there is a link. His sources are probably weak, remember he said Moyes was getting the job and not Rafa, but it's not exactly a bold claim to say there isn't anything in this and he's managed to pull it off before. It might well not be true, but not because his sources are saying so.

This is what I can’t be fucked with, all this claim and counter claim. Just boring now, 12 years and probably what? The 10th ‘takeover attempt’

That’s why I can’t be doing with the likes of Odin taking the piss out of the people on here. Can’t be doing with twitter either. All that shit in the summer has sucked the life out of me and my enjoyment of football.

I would normally be supremely skeptical but the fact it’s come out from the WSJ makes me have some hope. Like the fella said on that BBC pod, they wouldn’t have written the article if they didn’t think it was happening

Looks like James Reuben has been talking? Got friends at the Financial Times it seems. Set for an executive role at NUFC according to the papers. Also, his friend at QPR Amit Bhatia commented on an article about the Reuben brothers buying NUFC but deleted it. James Reuben also just started to follow NUFC on Twitter...  ;)

Looks like James Reuben has been talking? Got friends at the Financial Times it seems. Set for an executive role at NUFC according to the papers. Also, his friend at QPR Amit Bhatia commented on an article about the Reuben brothers buying NUFC but deleted it. James Reuben also just started to follow NUFC on Twitter...  ;)

... And then Mike Ashley said no.

As bad as Ashley is he isn't executing people for blasphemy or being raped, he isn't chopping peoples heads off in embassies, he isn't killing kids in Yemen.

If you guys want to be a marketing tool for these psychopaths then that's up to you though. I bet it'll all be worth it when we win the Champions League.

What is a club, in any case?

As bad as Ashley is he isn't executing people for blasphemy or being raped, he isn't chopping peoples heads off in embassies, he isn't killing kids in Yemen.

If you guys want to be a marketing tool for these psychopaths then that's up to you though. I bet it'll all be worth it when we win the Champions League.

What is a club, in any case?

:thup: