Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

If there is a takeover and a project ahead Rafa would be the perfect fit. He knows the area, he likes it here, he knows the fans, he knows what infrastructure is needed and I’m pretty sure he’d find a way to win something. FFP will play a role, we’d not be able to go out and splash endless cash on players who may not fancy it here in the first place.

None of this will happen of course but, I’d take Rafa as the man to start the transformation.

He’d have to hit the ground running to appease the ‘better than this time last season’ and ‘boring football’ brigade though.

If there’s anything to this then the Saudi’s will have already spoken with Rafa, know his thoughts on coming back and what the potential is. I hope they have as Rafa is likely to have encouraged them to make it happen. Makes far too much sense really, a popular, successful manager returning who could set expectations from the start and explain the vision.

Fat Mike will bin this off, leaving Bruce to spin plates and buy a new paddling pool from Argos (and some black paint from B&Q).

Guest neesy111

Of Ash does pull the plug then good luck to him selling season tickets for next season!

He'll sell another 35,000, let's not pretend otherwise.

This.

The only party that benefits from these perpetual leaks is Ashley. The fans get excited, people stop focusing on the shit that's on the field, and it entices anyone remotely interested to get involved in the bidding. These reports of him being angry about the leaks is laughable as Bishop is the one who's been leaking it for him.

The only party that benefits from these perpetual leaks is Ashley. The fans get excited, people stop focusing on the shit that's on the field, and it entices anyone remotely interested to get involved in the bidding. These reports of him being angry about the leaks is laughable as Bishop is the one who's been leaking it for him.

It’s No coincidence there is very few transfer links in the last couple of days. Window shuts this week

If there is a takeover and a project ahead Rafa would be the perfect fit. He knows the area, he likes it here, he knows the fans, he knows what infrastructure is needed and I’m pretty sure he’d find a way to win something. FFP will play a role, we’d not be able to go out and splash endless cash on players who may not fancy it here in the first place.

None of this will happen of course but, I’d take Rafa as the man to start the transformation.

He’d have to hit the ground running to appease the ‘better than this time last season’ and ‘boring football’ brigade though.

Just some examples of the fuckwits in our support.

Would the WSJ really need leaks from Bishop?

I'm not saying its going to happen as it's obviously the same old shite but I doubt the WSJ need Keith Bishop to leak them stuff. There will be genuine interest but Ashley will fuck the whole thing up like he has done time and time again.

Ashley’s going to pull the plug.

That's all that remains to happen now.

How do you pull the plug on an imaginary takeover?

Well I'm of the opinion that there is a takeover attempt, but as always, he doesn't want or need to sell, so he'll put a block on it one way or another. :thup:

Agreed. He’d be in his element. Rafa loves all that infrastructure stuff. A chance to build a football club in his image with unlimited resources. Love the idea of having someone at the club who has always believed in us. Staveley likes him too doesn’t she?

Mike can't be expected to spend money during this transfer window when there is a takeover pending.............again

The stupid thing is that if we had cash in the bank and a takeover is being discussed then buying players wouldn't be a bad move. Nobody is going to pay cash for cash and Ashley wants as much of the sale proceeds to pay off his loans to manage tax so you buy an asset to get rid of the cash and leave the loans alone.

Take Joelinton - whoever buys the club won't know who he is, they just see a £40m Brazilian striker on the books. Must be good.

But anyway, we aren't buying players in Jan. Loans with an option is as good as it gets

Some serious shit is being said now, feels like it's on a different level to BZG.

It is in the sense that with the people allegedly involved, the 'proof of funds' business simply isn't an issue.

Agreed. He’d be in his element. Rafa loves all that infrastructure stuff. A chance to build a football club in his image with unlimited resources. Love the idea of having someone at the club who has always believed in us. Staveley likes him too doesn’t she?

If they were both 100% on board with it....

Let Rafa build the club infrastructure and playing side

Let Keegan promote and sell the club

I wouldn't want KK back in a coaching capacity (well OK I would but it aint going to happen) but he really should still be part of the club in some way

Seems to me that it's in the best interests of Bishop and Barnes that takeover talks collapse.  Let's face it every takeover keeps them actively employed.  I could easily believe they cause each and every takeover bid to collapse by telling Mike there is no proof of funds  and that they are time wasters.

Just remember Edwards spent the summer basically laughing at the BZG link when we know for a fact it was a real thing as Ashley referenced it in his Martin Samuel PR stunt.

For all it has been "leaked" I'm not too sure it has been in the truest sense. This will have been talked about for months and it was only reported by WSJ yesterday when it became near completion (allegedly). As many have pointed out, WSJ wouldn't be publishing stuff as a favour to Ashley/Bishop or any of the other fun and games that go on. I think it's fair to assume the interest is legitimate, however that doesn't mean a deal will be done.

Also I understand the scepticism about this being news in January but realistically there are only two times to buy a club like ours - the summer and now. The summer is a relatively short period of time to get a deal through in time to then have a stab at building a squad (even changing manager too) so doing it now when we are looking like being safe makes sense for a buyer but also for Ashley. The value of the club should be fairly secure right now as we should stay up, any buyer can have everything in place well in time for the summer. We looked certainties for relegation in September/October sort of time and that has been the case for the past few years. So it really shouldn't be a surprise that these stories come out in January.

There have been rumblings, little snippets here and there, about potential deals for the club for a while now. Dickhead Keys, a couple of lines from Ornstein in The Athletic, that fella on ESPN I think it was - all saying a deal was being discussed. The NE press pack have always maintained people were in "the data room" or whatever you want to call it. The reality is none of them have a clue, they're all fishing about for 2nd hand information. A few of them yesterday came out with "well I'd heard some things..." but it's not like the Chronicle is short of column inches, there is some pure shite printed in there. It won't be one of that lot who break any news like this if and when it finally happens.

Fingers crossed this is the one, just don't get your hopes up when Ashley is involved.

How the fuck does Ashley saying something make it true?  :lol:

I don't even know where to start with the rest of that.

Think it was quite obviously true that there was interest like, much the same as I've got no doubt there's interest now, and most of the other times it comes out.  It just doesn't pan out how we want in the end, which is where this is going.

Interest... Offer.... Fucked off. Rinse and repeat.

Theres been interest at some stage.

I don't for a second believe Kenyon and BZG with their love letters to Ashley.

If any of this is true, not sure I’d want Benitez back now as great as he’d be. I’d want a fresh start.

I agree with you. A whole fresh new start from top to bottom.

Why? Who would you prefer?